No Result
View All Result
Friday, May 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Government cites technical problems for ongoing closure of Zueitina

bythomwestcott
April 25, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Callum Paton and Muttaz Ali.

Tripoli, 25 April 2014:

The government has said that technical problems are delaying the opening of Zueitina . . .[restrict]Port, on the same day that federalists accused it of not sticking to the its side of the deal which was to see all the eastern oil export terminals opened within a month.

“Zueitina is in the process of being reopened but there are technical matters to deal with to do with the pumps and other machinery, which has been neglected in the time that the ports have been closed,” Prime Ministry spokesperson Ahmed Lameen told the Libya Herald yesterday.

“We are very pleased with the way things are proceeding and hopefully soon all the ports will be working for the benefit of the country,” he said.

RELATED POSTS

Libya and Austria discuss possibility of holding economic forum

Turkish trade delegation to visit Libya this April

The so-called ‘government of Cyrenaica’, however, has accused the government of not sticking to its side of the deal, brokered on 6 April.

“We have done our part but the government has not fulfilled its side of the deal,” said ‘Cyrenaica government’ spokesperson Ali Al-Hasi. The government was already exporting oil from Hariga oil port, at Tobruk, he said, but the federalist protesters were still waiting for what they had been promised.

“We respect the Libyan people but our patience will not last indefinitely and if this continues, we will take action,” Hasi said.

Federalist protesters, operating under Ibrahim Jadhran, have kept three of the country’s eastern oil export terminals – Zueitina, Ras Lanuf and Es-Sidra – closed since last summer and seriously restricted activities at a fourth – Hariga. Losses to the Libyan government have been estimated at $ 10 million. [/restrict]

Tags: BusinessCyrenaicafederalismgovernmentHarigaLibyaoil exportsoil portsZuetina

Related Posts

Zueitina Oil Co. successfully tests new B1-106/4 well with production rate exceeding 3,000 bpd
Business

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

May 22, 2026
Mellitah Oil and Gas launches its tree planting campaign at El-Feel oil field
Business

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

May 22, 2026
Mitiga airport closure to continue due to militia fighting
Business

Malta Civil Aviation Authority’s Security Department visits Tripoli’s Mitiga airport with view to restarting flights

May 22, 2026
Minister of Economy visits Tripoli Port – discusses accelerating goods processing time to reduce cost of imports
Business

Minister of Economy visits Tripoli Port – discusses accelerating goods processing time to reduce cost of imports

May 22, 2026
Tripoli Chamber invites investment proposals for its buildings
Business

Industry Pioneers Conference and Forum held in Tripoli – as a national platform to support Libyan industry and enhance economic partnership

May 21, 2026
Austria’s OMV opens Benghazi office and holds meeting to discuss Contract Development Area No. 91
Business

Austria’s OMV opens Benghazi office and holds meeting to discuss Contract Development Area No. 91

May 21, 2026
Next Post
Ministry of Oil and Gas office opened in Misrata

Ministry of Oil and Gas office opened in Misrata

Government pledges LD 98 million to municipal councils

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.