No Result
View All Result
Sunday, August 31, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Egyptian diplomats set free after LROR head released

bythomwestcott
August 7, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Libya Herald staff.

Tripoli, 27 January 2014:

The five Egyptian diplomatic staff kidnapped at the weekend have been released today, and are . . .[restrict]now in the care of the government authorities, waiting to be repatriated to Egypt.

The release came after the arrested head of the Libyan Revolutionaries Operation Room (LROR), Shaaban Hadia Al-Zawi, arrested in Alexandria on Friday, was released by the Egyptian authorities.

“All five Egyptian diplomats have been released and they are in good health,” Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Wafa Bugaigis told the Libya Herald. She said they were now in safe hands but that she was unable to give further details for security reasons.

RELATED POSTS

Kidnaper in 2019 of 14 Tunisian nationals convicted for 12 years’ imprisonment

Libyan Railroads signs MoU with Chinese BFI Consortium for rail line to Egypt

Bugaigis confirmed that Al-Zawi had also been released in Egypt and said the Libyan Ministry of Foreign Affairs was now arranging the repatriation of both the Egyptian diplomats and Al-Zawi.

One of the kidnappers of the Egyptian diplomats phoned the Arab news channel Al-Arabiya on Saturday night and gave the Egyptian authorities 24 hours to release Al-Zawi.

It had been reported by Egyptian media that Al-Zawi was arrested on suspicion of being affiliated with Al-Qaeda. However, today the Egyptian Interior Ministry released a statement saying that he was arrested because his Egyptian residency had expired, raising questions about why he was still in the country. [/restrict]

Tags: diplomatsEgyptkidnappingLibyaLROR

Related Posts

Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
Next Post

Murzak hospital struggles to cope with Sebha wounded

Reyayna Local Council head assassinated

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Libyan German discussions include resumption of flights, opening of German Embassy’s visa section and economic and investment cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.