No Result
View All Result
Friday, February 20, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

No squandering of public funds, budget deficit expected in 2013 – Zeidan

bySami Zaptia
November 14, 2013
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Sami Zaptia.

Tripoli, 14 November 2013:

At Sunday’s press conference, Prime Minister Ali Zeidan defended his government against accusations . . .[restrict]of overspending or misspending public money. He also confirmed that Libya will have a budgetary deficit in 2013.

“Accusations that we overspent or that we misspent public money are untrue”, he said in reply to media accusations.

Zeidan also refuted claims that his government had inherited a windfall of money unspent by the Al-Kib government.

RELATED POSTS

Latest CBL figures show LD 8.3 billion surplus – but dollar spending deficit reaches US$ 6.7 billion

Libya had an LD 12.8 billion budget surplus but a foreign exchange deficit of US$ 5.9 billion for January to August 2025: CBL‎

“Any money left over from the previous government is returned to the state coffers. There was talk in the media that we were handed over the unspent parts of the previous budget. We received no money from the previous Al-Kib government. All that we have spent has been released only through the GNC. All our spending is approved by the GNC”, the PM emphasized.

“As a result of the oil blockades, we may find ourselves with a budgetary deficit this year, Zeidan said, confirming the forecast made by the IMF as early as October. The PM further added that “60 percent of oil production had been stopped”, without revealing the exact number of barrels currently being produced per day.

Moreover, probably in part signaling to the general public and the armed militias, Zeidan warned that “in one or two months we may no longer be able to pay wages. “

Reiterating his point that the general public should proactively help the government in solving the oil blockade crises, Zeidan said that he expected “people to peacefully go to the oilfields and get the demonstrators out”.

“There can be no wages, no travel abroad for healthcare etc” oil exports are not resumed, he explained. “You should understand the size of this crises”, he emphasized.

[/restrict]

Tags: budbetdeficitGNCIMFoil blockadeoil production

Related Posts

Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

After the revolution, Libya needs a state of institutions, the rule of law and a unified professional army: Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech

February 19, 2026
Next Post

Military Integrity Commission disbars 915 personnel

Damaged embassies upset by last week's clashes

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

Military Industrialization Organisation delivers 7,000 cooking gas cylinders it has manufactured locally to Brega Oil Marketing Company

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.