No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Turkey seeks to replace Iranian with Libyan crude

byNigel Ash
March 30, 2012
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Turkey seeks to replace Iranian with Libyan crude

Turkish Energy Minister Taner Yildiz

Tripoli: March 30

Turkey is looking to buy up to 20,000 barrels per day of Libyan oil to make up for a . . .[restrict]ten percent cut in its Iranian liftings, made in response to tightening US sanctions, said its energy minister today.

Turkish Energy Minister Taner Yildiz

Taner Yildiz speaking in Ankara announced the ten percent reduction in the 200,000 bpd his country takes from Iran . He said that part of the lost supplies would be made up with the purchase of a million tonnes (seven million barrels) of crude from Libya. He added that Turkey was also in talks with Saudi Arabia for both spot purchases and longer term supply contracts. Other countries would also be approached to broaden the supply base.

Yildiz did not reveal if negotiations with the Libyan National Oil company were already taking place or if indeed a deal had been concluded. No one could be reached at the NOC today for comment.

Separately today Koç Holdings, owner of Tüpra?, Turkey’s only oil refiner, told the Istanbul Stock Exchange that it was cutting its purchase of Iranian crude by 20 percent. Tüpra? currently buys 30 percent of its crude from Iran in a contract that is due to run out in August.

RELATED POSTS

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

Turkey is turning to Libya and other crude and product suppliers because of pressure from Washington, which wants economic sanctions on Iran to force the country to reveal full details of its nuclear enrichment programme. The US wants other states to have responded to its proposals by June 28.

The timing of Yildiz’s announcement was interesting, coming as it did hours after Turkish premier Recep Tayyip Erdo?an returned from a two day visit to Tehran. It is likely that on April 13, Istanbul will host fresh talks between Iran, the US, EU, Russia, China and the Iranians over the nuclear issue.

  [/restrict]

Related Posts

CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

May 18, 2026
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Business

Mellitah Oil and Gas completes maintenance on well A-28 in Abu Attifel field – reducing water to zero, increasing production to 2,490 bpd

May 18, 2026
Economy Minister Hwej reviews his ministry’s implementation of its 2023 plan and issues several directives
Business

Economy Ministry accredits seven international inspection companies to inspect imports of medicines & medical equipment at ports of origin

May 18, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

May 17, 2026
Ministry of Housing in discussions with Ernst & Young in London
Business

Minister of Housing from Baku: Completion and construction of 150,000 housing units and the transition towards smart cities‎ is the aim

May 17, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

Numisma Bank pledges to supply record amounts of cash dollars to the Central Bank of Libya in its Second Phase of cash injection to the Libyan market

May 17, 2026
Next Post

Libyan roadblocks in Amman

No resignation from Sebha representative but city now calm: NTC spokesman

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.