No Result
View All Result
Friday, February 20, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Rada captures kidnap gang leader and frees victims held for 46 days

bySami Zaptia
January 3, 2017
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Rada captures kidnap gang leader and frees victims held for 46 days

Rada frees two kidnap victims after days in captivity during which their hands were chained to the wall (Photo: Rada).

By Sami Zaptia.

Rada frees two kidnap victims after days in captivity during which their hands were chained to the wall (Photo: Rada).
Rada frees two kidnap victims after days in captivity during which their hands were chained to the wall (Photo: Rada).

London, 3 January 2017:

Rada, the Special Deterrence Force, reported that it has captured the leader of a kidnap gang last week and has freed two kidnap victims who had been held for 46 days.

Rada said that together with other security forces, it stormed a farm at dawn in Ain Zara after a stakeout. This came on the back of the arrest of one of the members of the kidnap gang in the Wadi Rabea area who had led security forces to the gang’s hideout.

At the hideout, Rada said they arrested a gang member who had been torturing the two victim in an effort to extort a ransom in exchange for their release out of their families.

RELATED POSTS

HSC welcomes peaceful resolution of Tripoli government-SDF / RADA standoff over Mitiga airport and prison control

Following mobilisation of forces around Tripoli, UNSMIL calls for peaceful dialogue and de-escalation: report and analysis

The two hostages, heavy goods vehicle drivers from Gaser Khyar, were found with their hands chained to the wall. They reported that they had been tied up for the duration of their 46-day ordeal.

The kidnappers had demanded a ransom of LD 200,000 each in order to spare their lives. Rada said it was still pursuing the rest of the gang, whose names it published.

Rada also reported that it had freed another victim kidnapped from Airport road and taken to the Wirshifana area.

Tags: featuredhostageKidnapRada SDF Special Deterrence Forceransom

Related Posts

Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

After the revolution, Libya needs a state of institutions, the rule of law and a unified professional army: Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech

February 19, 2026
Next Post
LNA aircraft targets Misrata delegation visiting Jufra airbase; Misrata military council head among injured

LNA aircraft targets Misrata delegation visiting Jufra airbase; Misrata military council head among injured

Sanalla accuses Western PFG of complicity with fuel smugglers

Sanalla accuses Western PFG of complicity with fuel smugglers

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

Military Industrialization Organisation delivers 7,000 cooking gas cylinders it has manufactured locally to Brega Oil Marketing Company

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.