No Result
View All Result
Thursday, May 21, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Increased oil production operations will receive mixed funding: NOC

bySami Zaptia
March 6, 2023
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

(Logo: NOC).

Libya’s projects to increase oil production will receive mixed funding, a National Oil Corporation (NOC) Director told Libya Herald.

Commenting exclusively to Libya Herald, Abdel Nasser Ben Zaytoun, Director of the Exploration Department at the NOC, explained that the NOC is working on a plan to increase production to 2 million bpd, and that part of the plan was funded directly by the government with the support of the Central Bank of Libya, and part will be funded through investments in infrastructure through financial institutions such as the LIA and another part from foreign partners. He would not specify which foreign partners.

Ben Zaytoun was referring to the meeting held at the headquarters of the NOC on 27 February, which included the Exploration Department and officials of Italy’s Eni and Britain’s BP (via video link) in the presence of representatives of the Libyan Investment Authority (LIA). The meeting was to discuss exploration programmes for 2023-2028,

Eni to resume as exploration operator in three regions
Ben Zaytoun said that an agreement had been signed earlier with Eni and BP, according to which the Italian company would work as an operator to resume exploration work in three regions in Libya. These were two exploration areas in Breteen in the Ghadames Basin and a marine area (which he would not specify) in the Sirte Basin. These, he explained, had a total area of 54,000 square kilometres, and were a joint investment with the LIA.

Libya needs to invest US$ 4 billion annually to maintain production
The NOC Director of the Exploration Department referred to the spending with Eni and BP to start drilling operations in large areas of the Mediterranean region and for large quantities of gas. He reiterated that Eni will pump investments worth 8 billion dollars to develop gas fields in the west of the country.

RELATED POSTS

LIA welcomes UN Security Council’s updated Implementation Assistance Notice No. 6 clarifying interpretation of its asset freezing measures

Arabian Gulf Oil Company Chairman holds virtual meeting with BP

He also reiterated NOC chairman Bengdara’s statement that Libya needs investments worth 4 billion dollars annually to maintain the volume of its oil production, with the aim of modernizing the infrastructure and developing services in the oil fields.

Overcome the difficulties and remove the obstacles
Ben Zaytoun noted that the NOC-LIA-Eni-BP meeting aimed to overcome the difficulties and remove obstacles that may be encountered during the implementation of several projects contracted with the foreign partners, while studying the financial aspects and the time period specified for the completion of these programmes.

 

NOC announces strategic plan, includes training, renewables, and increased production to 2 million bpd (libyaherald.com)

Tags: Abdel Nasser Ben ZaytounBPDirector of the Exploration Department at the NOCEniFarhat Bengdara NOC chairman July 2022LIA Libyan Investment Authority

Related Posts

CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

FX black-market has existed for years and decades, and eliminating it in a short period is impossible: CBL Governor Issa

May 20, 2026
Libyan Industrial Union organizing conference on Libyan economy – invites participation
Business

Libyan Industry Union and National Economic and Social Development Board to sign MoU to support manufacturing business environment

May 20, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

CBL renews call on Economy Ministry to prohibit imports without payment through official bank transfers starting from 15 June

May 19, 2026
Workshop on strengthening institutional capacities in Libya’s leasing sector
Business

EU4Skills project organises workshop on quality management systems in the marine fisheries and fish products sector

May 19, 2026
Next Post
“Digital Lab” training to support Libya’s digital transformation and innovation launched

"Digital Lab" training to support Libya’s digital transformation and innovation launched

Third Libya Forum and Exhibition for Education and Training opens in Tripoli Sports City

Third Libya Forum and Exhibition for Education and Training opens in Tripoli Sports City

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

FX black-market has existed for years and decades, and eliminating it in a short period is impossible: CBL Governor Issa

Libyan Industry Union and National Economic and Social Development Board to sign MoU to support manufacturing business environment

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.