The Libya National Information Technology Day will be held in Tripoli on 1 June, the organising NGO, the Libyan Organization for Information and Communication Technology, reported.
The NGO said dozens of locations, centres, activities, events, celebrations, workshops and conferences will be held in various cities across Libya in what to referred to as ‘‘the largest technical event in all of Libya’’.
With 10 cities to date and over 35 accompanying events confirmed, after Tripoli, it said other cities will join in organizing the National Information Technology Day in the coming days.
Participants in the National Information Technology Day will include:
- Technical companies and local public and private institutions concerned with technical work
- Website and software developers
- Communications and information security engineers
- Those interested in technical blogging
- Leading technical entrepreneurs
- Legal personalities with influence in technical decision-making
- Students of technical universities and those interested and those working in the field
- Banks and companies.
- Potential investors and financiers interested in technical initiatives in the field of information technology
- Robotics teams and those interested in the field of robotics
- Video game professionals
- Technical civil society organizations and local technology initiative launchers