No Result
View All Result
Monday, November 20, 2023
19 °c
Tripoli
21 ° Tue
21 ° Wed
18 ° Thu
18 ° Fri
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
Advertisement
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Saif Al-Islam’s former jailer defends himself after LNA orders his brigade to disband; Madi says disbandment nothing to do with the Saif release

byMichel Cousins
June 13, 2017
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
12
SHARES
51
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

By Moutaz Ali.

Tripoli, 13 June 2017:

The man who freed Saif Al-Islam Qaddafi, Ajmi Al-Atiri, has complained at the decision by Libyan National Army (LNA) western commander Colonel Idris Madi to disband the Abubakr Al-Saddiq brigade and incorporate its members into other units in the western region.

He said he had freed Saif  to ensure Libya’s unity and that of the tribes, and that he was proud of what he had done.

He also said that the brigade should have been retained because it was the only effective one in Zintan and that it would have been better to dismiss him as its commander instead. However, he also explained he was a soldier and, as such, had to obey orders.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

Madi announced that he was dissolving the brigade yesterday.

The decision was widely seen as an angry response to Atiri’s decision to release Saif Al-Islam.

However, Madi has now said that the disbandment had nothing to do with the freeing of Saif. Expressing his “full confidence” in Atiri, his patriotism and “his commitment as a military officer to carry out the orders”, he said that the reorganisation of LNA force in the west of the country had been planned over the past few months, and that the Abubakr Al-Saddiq brigade was part of that reorganisation.

Meanwhile, State Council member Amna Emtair has claimed that Saif’s release was ordered by the LNA to divert attention from what she claimed was the arrival of Egyptian forces in the country.

Describing the release as a “major crime given that Saif should ahev been handed over to the Attorney General or the International Criminal Court, Emtair, a member of the Justice and Construction Party, accused Zintan military and municipal councils of complicity in it. She called for those involved to be prosecuted.

 
Tags: Abubakr Al-Saddiq brigadeIdris MadiLibya
Share5Tweet3Share1

Related Posts

LBC and Tangiers Chamber prepare for Moroccan Libyan Business Forum – 1 to 3 November in Tangiers, Morocco
Libya

Libya exports dates to Morocco and mutual opening of branches of companies from both countries

November 20, 2023
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Al-Refee bank manager detained pending trial for attempted LD 15 million fraud

November 20, 2023
The 5th Scientific Conference on Medical Responsibility to be held from 25 to 26 November in Tripoli
Libya

The 5th Scientific Conference on Medical Responsibility to be held from 25 to 26 November in Tripoli

November 20, 2023
Second NGOs Annual Expo 2023 will be held in Tripoli on 18 November
Libya

2nd NGOs Annual Expo 2023 held in Tripoli

November 19, 2023
Internally displaced face food shortages – especially in Benghazi, Bani Walid and Ajdabiya: report
Libya

WFP and Ministry of Agriculture sign MoU on food security

November 19, 2023
Internally displaced face food shortages – especially in Benghazi, Bani Walid and Ajdabiya: report
Libya

Empowering Libyan entrepreneurs and government officials through the innovative Kaizen management

November 18, 2023
Next Post
Kobler indicates giving up UN job during Tripoli visit

Kobler indicates giving up UN job during Tripoli visit

Beida CBL sends out more "Russian" dinars

 

Advertise on LibyaHerald

Reach thousands of our site visitors daily

240 x 400px

Advertise Here
ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Spanish Embassy opens Schengen visa application centre in Tripoli

    Spanish Embassy opens Schengen visa application centre in Tripoli

    107 shares
    Share 43 Tweet 27
  • Tripoli Libyan government signs protocol with Algeria on reopening the Ghadames border crossing, says crossing is ready to reopen

    77 shares
    Share 31 Tweet 19
  • NOC launches Investor Registration Portal

    104 shares
    Share 42 Tweet 26
  • Turkey exempts Libyans under 16 and over 45 years old from need for a visa

    67 shares
    Share 27 Tweet 17
  • Moroccan Consul confirms imminent return of flights with Libya and ending need for visas

    67 shares
    Share 27 Tweet 17
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya exports dates to Morocco and mutual opening of branches of companies from both countries

GECOL confirms first unit at Tobruk power station successfully connected to public network

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Cart
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Sign In with Facebook
    Sign In with Linked In
    OR

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Sign Up with Facebook
    Sign Up with Linked In
    OR

    Fill the forms bellow to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.
    Are you sure want to unlock this post?
    Unlock left : 0
    Are you sure want to cancel subscription?