No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

IS attacks to the east and west of Sirte

byNigel Ash
May 17, 2016
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald reporters.

flag-alshabaab

 

Tripoli and Tunis, 1 February 2016:

Though there are many reports that . . .[restrict]IS is bracing itself for airstrikes in and around Sirte, the terrorists have not abandoned their campaign to expand their territory and attack oil facilities.

RELATED POSTS

Third edition of Banking and Business Technology Forum kicked off in Misrata under patronage of Central Bank of Libya

59 containers loaded with boats seized in Misrata suspected of being intended for use in illegal immigration operations

IS is being blamed for the bombing yesterday of pipelines leading to the export terminal at Zueitina, north of Ajdabiya . Petroleum Facilities Guard spokesman, Ali Al-Hassi told Reuters that the attack which caused a fire, happened some 75 kilometres south of the terminal.

The PFG has also been involved in fighting around Ben Jawad, seized at the start of last month as IS advanced on the Sidra and Ras Lanuf export terminals. Hassi gave no explanation for these exchanges.

In a separate incident on the western side of the territory controlled by IS from its base in Sirte, terrorists are reported to have seized Albuirat, a small village on the road to Misrata, before the important crossroads at Abu Grain. Alwasat said that the black IS flag was seen flying from mosque’s minaret.

It is unclear if the village was taken from occupying Misratan militias after a fight or if the village had been left undefended. Recent foreign media reports from the Misrata frontline with IS said that the Misratan forces are on the highest state of alert and vigilance.

The attack on the pipelines running up to Zueitina could well have been an IS covert operation. As Tripoli NOC chief Mustafa Sanalla said last week, there was no need for the terrorist to attack in force.  “They are not occupying the oil facilities. They are damaging them. And they are doing this with a small number of people”. [/restrict]

Tags: AlbuiratBen JawadfeaturedISLibyaMisrataPFGZuetina

Related Posts

Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba criticises corruption and mismanagement within health sector – calls on sector to reform itself in return for his support

February 16, 2026
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Janzour militia clashes cause damage to Tripoli West power station
Libya

Calm returns to Janzour after overnight militia clashes

February 13, 2026
Next Post
Misratan brigades back Serraj and the GNA

Misratan brigades back Serraj and the GNA

Dispute-riven CDA is not giving up

Dispute-riven CDA is not giving up

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • MFZ signs strategic maritime MoU with the Egyptian company MAPSO to enhance capabilities in building and maintaining marine vessels

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

HoR Members, Benghazi Municipality and Benghazi Chamber meet British business delegation visiting Benghazi

There is no shortage of food supplies in the Libyan marketplace: Customs Authority

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.