No Result
View All Result
Monday, February 16, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Hassi condemns Guba massacre, while top aide Bayou demurs.

byNigel Ash
February 22, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Hassi condemns Guba massacre, while top aide  Bayou demurs.

A picture said to show Bayou's house burning today (Photo: social media)

By Libya Herald reporters.

A picture said to show Bayou's house burning today (Photo: social media)
A picture said to show Mohammed Bayou’s Benghazi house burning today (Photo: social media)

Tripoli, 21 February 2015:

The antigovernment of Omer Al-Hassi has today condemned the Guba car bombings and called on . . .[restrict]all Libyans to stand together against “all forms of terror”.

However Hassi’s chief political adviser, Mohammed Bayou, has refused, during a TV interview, to decry the three suicide bombings in which 42 people died.  It would seem likely that, as reported in the Libya Observer, his reticence on the matter led to Bayou’s house in Benghazi being burnt down today.

The anti-government also insisted that the recent security incidents in Libya were plots, orchestrated by some Arab regimes to divide Libya.

RELATED POSTS

New China-UAE-Benghazi Julyana Free Port shipping line inaugurated

Libya and UAE sign MoU to lift air transport restrictions between the two countries

Reference was made to an audio tape that appears to record Egyptian president Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi discussing intervention in Libya. A similar recording surfaced two weeks ago in which Sissi seemed  to make some deeply uncomplimentary remarks about some of his Gulf backers, including Saudi Arabia.

Condemnation also came from Misrata Council which declared its solidarity with the townspeople of Guba “against terrorism and terrorists”.  The councillors said that they were repeating their call “to stop fighting and listen to the voice of reason, uphold the national interest and band together to stop terrorism”.

They urged the UN to press on with the dialogue that would lead to the formation of a national unity government.

More footage emerged today of yesterday’s funerals in Guba, with a fast-moving crowd of mourners bearing a river of coffins down a street.

According to Libyan Air Force commander Saqr Geroushi, the death toll now stands at 46. Eight of the dead, he said, were Egyptians. Of the more than 80 wounded, 55 had been flown to the UAE for treatment. They had travelled in a specialised aircraft sent by the ruler of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed.  Today the Libyan government sent a formal notes of thanks to the UAE and to Egypt, for its help in evacuating the wounded. It also thanked those other countries which were backing it in its war against terrorism. [/restrict]

Tags: ByouEgyptfeaturedGubaHssiLibyaMitigaUAE

Related Posts

NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Janzour militia clashes cause damage to Tripoli West power station
Libya

Calm returns to Janzour after overnight militia clashes

February 13, 2026
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

China appoints Ma Xueliang as its new ambassador to Libya – after a 10-year gap

February 13, 2026
After a ten-year hiatus, Al-Khadra hospital’s Eye Clinic reopens
Libya

Al-Hadaba Al-Khadra General Hospital announces resumption of hip replacement surgeries after a two-year hiatus

February 12, 2026
Next Post
Guba bombings makes army “all the more determined” says Hafter as Jerushi threatens Misrata and Mitiga

Guba bombings makes army “all the more determined” says Hafter as Jerushi threatens Misrata and Mitiga

Deadly mystery illness hits Zawia hospitall

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • MFZ signs strategic maritime MoU with the Egyptian company MAPSO to enhance capabilities in building and maintaining marine vessels

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Saif al-Islam Qaddafi buried in Bani Walid next to his brother – thousands attend funeral as supporters of former regime display old green flag

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • LIA discusses with China’s Chargé d’affaires reinvesting Libya’s Security Council frozen assets to preserve their value

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.