No Result
View All Result
Saturday, November 29, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Thinni tells Leon air raids will stop when Dawn quits Tripoli

byNigel Ash
November 25, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Thinni tells Leon air raids will stop when Dawn quits Tripoli

Abdullah Al-Thinni (left) and Bernardino Leon (Photo: Libya Herald)

Libya Herald reporters.

Thinni and Leon (Photo: Libya Herald)
Thinni and Leon (Photo: Libya Herald)

Tripoli, 25 November 2014:

Prime Minister Abdullah Al-Thinni has effectively rejected a move by UNSMIL chief Bernardino Leon to call . . .[restrict]off airstrikes against Libya Dawn, by insisting on conditions that are extremely unlikely to be be met.

The Prime Minister’s office has gone public with a phone call that Leon made earlier today asking Thinni to calm the situation in Tripoli by halting air attacks. This, Leon appears to have said,  would allow him to continue to set up his second round of talks in Ghadames, which had notionally been planned for next Monday.

The government web site reported that Thinni had agreed to stop the attacks, providing five conditions were met.

RELATED POSTS

Tripoli Defence Ministry warns of unspecified precision air strikes against human smugglers and drug traffickers

Libyan carriers allowed to travel through EU airspace from Istanbul to Tripoli

These were that there should a recognition of the legitimacy of the House of Representatives and the government that it had appointed, coupled with “respect for the principle of a peaceful transfer of power and the democratic process”.

He also demanded the withdrawal of all armed groups from Tripoli, the recognition of the state institutions of the police and army, the embracing of the fight against terrorism and the arrest of all “perpetrators of criminal acts”.

Thinni told Leon that the attacks on Mitiga had been preemptive strikes against Libya Dawn to protect citizens. The armed groups that had seized Tripoli were illegitimate, he said. [/restrict]

Tags: air strikesfeaturedLeonLibyaMitigaphonecallThinni

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post
Benghazi residents face hardships as battle for the city continues

Benghazi residents face hardships as battle for the city continues

Tripoli police colonel murdered

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • A high-level Libyan delegation and U.S. officials from Congress, the administration, and think tanks hold roundtable discussion in DC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli Libyan government delegation holds extensive meeting in DC with several major American companies ‘‘reflecting renewed American interest in Libyan market’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli government delegation meets Eric Meyer, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for the Middle East and Africa, to discuss economic and financial cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Sirte Free Zone offers 70% reduction in duties for all goods through its port for two years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.