No Result
View All Result
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

PFG chief dispute continues as rebel guards claim LD 377 million

byNigel Ash
July 23, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Seraj Essul and Jamal Adel.

(Image:
(Image:

Tripoli, 15  June 2014: The Petroleum Facilities Guard in Tripoli continues to wrestle with the problems . . .[restrict]of a commander who will not resign and a demand for some LD 377 million from Ibrahim Jadhran’s rebel PFG, which it is claimed is part of an agreement to reopen two of four export terminals it controls. The PFG provides the official guards for all oilfields, ports and oil and gas export facilities in Libya. It is administratively separate from the General Military Staff.

Idris Bukhamada, the man appointed last year by Ali Zeidan to head the PFG is still refusing to resign, though a PFG spokesman told the Libya Herald that the organisation’s headquarters in Tripoli’s Salahuddin district has been taken over by Ali Al-Ahrash, the man appointed to succeed him and the original commander of the PFG.

Bukhamada is reportedly refusing to quit because he rejects the deal cut by the interim government of  Abdullah Al-Thinni with the Ajdabiya-based rebel PFG members led by Ibrahim Jadhran. Part of the agreement was that Bukhamada should be replaced by Ahrash, who reportedly enjoys widespread report within the PFG.  It was also apparently agreed that the guard’s HQ should be relocated to Brega.

A further element of the settlement was that the rebel section of the PFG should be given backpay after their wages were stopped by the Zeidan government in November. According to the PFG, of the 5,600 guards in the Middle Region of the country, no more than 2,500 are on record as having sided with Jadhran.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

However, Jadhran’s spokesman Ali Al-Hassi, today told this paper that there are in fact 11,000 guards who are demanding backpay and that this should be dated from May 2013 when, he insisted, their wages, which averaged LD 1300 a month, were stopped.  The total claim for salaries and compensation plus reimbursement for supplies was some LD 377 million.

Hassi said that he believed that the government had already handed LD 100 million to the Chief of Staff but none of these funds had  yet found their way to Jadhran’s rebel guards. Hassi pointed out that as part of the settlement agreed with Thinni, two of the four oil export terminals, Harega and Zueitina, blockaded by Jadhran’s people since last June, had been reopened.  However Hassi admitted that since the oil fields supplying the terminals were now shut down, there was currently no production to export. [/restrict]

Tags: Ali Al-AhrishfeaturedIdris BukhamadaJadhranLibyaPFG

Related Posts

Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

February 18, 2026
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba criticises corruption and mismanagement within health sector – calls on sector to reform itself in return for his support

February 16, 2026
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Next Post

Sebha Medical and Industrial Gases Factory reopens

“Leave Libya or be buried here” Hafter warns Ansar Al-Sharia

"Leave Libya or be buried here" Hafter warns Ansar Al-Sharia

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • LIA discusses with China’s Chargé d’affaires reinvesting Libya’s Security Council frozen assets to preserve their value

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of technical study assessing existing damage to Zumurrud Mall project completed

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.