No Result
View All Result
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Smaller Spanish participation at Libya Build generally happy, but departing early

bySami Zaptia
May 23, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Smaller Spanish participation at Libya Build generally happy, but departing early

Spain Libya Build 2014 (Photo: Sami Zaptia).

By Sami Zaptia.

Spain Libya Build 2014 (Photo: Sami Zaptia).
Ignacio Ruales, of the Spanish Association of Electrical Equipment Manufactures at Libya Build 2014 (Photo: Sami Zaptia).

Tripoli, 21 May 2014:

On the third day at the Libya Build 2014 exhibition, Libya Herald asked Ignacio . . .[restrict]Ruales, Foreign Trade advisor of the Spanish Association of Electrical Equipment Manufacturers (AFME – www.afme.es) for some feedback regarding his participation in the exhibition this year.

AFME is based in Barcelona and has a small office in Madrid. It represents 120 companies in the electrical sector.

“This year we brought seven companies. Last year we had 14”, he replied when asked about the size of the Spanish delegation this year. Asked for the reason for the reduction in the number of Spanish participants this year, Ruales said that it was because of a mixture of “the current security situation in Libya and because some of the companies that had participated last have small budgets and have changed their commercial priorities and decided to participate in other exhibitions.”

RELATED POSTS

Portuguese Libya Build 2014 delegation happy with participation

61 Italian companies take part in Libya Build

He thought that there were also “fewer visitors this year” and that last year’s event was “much better”. With regards to the security situation and next year’s participation, Ruales was frank. “Most companies will probably not exhibit again next year if the security situation did not change”, he stressed.

Nevertheless, when asked what was the motivation in coming to Libya in the first place, Ruales said that “For some of the companies here, Libya is still probably one of the most important markets in North Africa. But because of Sunday’s events (the armed attack by state recognized militias on the GNC), things are slow”.

Asked if there had been any major contracts signed, orders or requests for pro-forma invoices during the exhibition, Ruales said that from that point of view, the exhibition had “not been good”. Adding that although one of the companies was in a meeting with the General Electricity Company of Libya (GECOL)”, and that “they still believe that Libya is a very important market”.

With rumours that some companies were advised by their embassies to leave, Libya Herald asked Ruales if they had been thinking of leaving the show midway through? “One company did leave Monday and another left Tuesday, but the local partner manned the stand”, he explained.

However, he admitted that most of the companies were “leaving tonight (Wednesday) because of the security situation. Our embassy recommended on Monday that we leave as soon as possible”, Ruales revealed.

With regards the organization of the exhibition, Ruales said he was happy with the organizers, adding “although in an international show, it is important to have good air conditioning and internet”, he noted in reference to the hot halls and lack of the promised WiFi.

[/restrict]

Tags: Libya Build 2014Spanish

Related Posts

Economy Minister Hwej reviews his ministry’s implementation of its 2023 plan and issues several directives
Business

Ministry of Economy invites Serbian companies to participate in 52nd Tripoli International Fair

February 18, 2026
‘‘Enhancing skills related to the green and blue economy to enhance employment opportunities’’ workshop held in Tripoli
Business

Ministry of Planning meets Libyan Industry Union to discuss support for nationally manufactured products

February 18, 2026
Policeman killed in UNDP Tripoli office attack
Business

Libyan institutions explore how emerging technologies can strengthen education and scientific research

February 18, 2026
State sectors in east to form unified e-window for speedier procedures
Business

HoR Members, Benghazi Municipality and Benghazi Chamber meet British business delegation visiting Benghazi

February 17, 2026
Customs Authority uncovers 11 companies involved in illicit use of Letters of Credit exceeding US$ 54 million
Business

There is no shortage of food supplies in the Libyan marketplace: Customs Authority

February 17, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Business

After a 10-year hiatus, CT scan service at Tripoli Children’s Teaching Hospital restarted

February 17, 2026
Next Post

Maintenance underway at Sarir power station

Argentine trade delegation postpones visit

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • LIA discusses with China’s Chargé d’affaires reinvesting Libya’s Security Council frozen assets to preserve their value

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

Ministry of Economy invites Serbian companies to participate in 52nd Tripoli International Fair

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.