No Result
View All Result
Sunday, November 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Anoud Senussi “protected”, not kidnapped – congressman

byNigel Ash
October 1, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Anoud Senussi “protected”, not kidnapped – congressman

Congressman Abdul Hadi Ahmed Ashrief (first left) with Anoud Senussi apparently at the "very safe place" in Tripoli

By Ahmed Elumami. 

Congressman Abdul Hadi Ahmed Ashrief (first left) with Anoud Senussi apparently at the “very safe place” in Tripoli

Tripoli, 4 September 2013:

Anoud Senussi was not kidnapped on Monday, a Sebah Congressman claimed this evening, but was . . .[restrict]taken by an SSC unit, anxious that she was not being properly protected.

Congressman Abdul Hadi Ahmed Ashrief told the Libya Herald that the 20-year old was taken from a three-vehicle Judicial Police convoy by men from the First Special Unit of the SSC, for her own protection.

It was thought, said Ashrief,  that that a group, which he did not name, would seek to grab her on the way to the airport, her original destination. From there she had been due the fly to Sebha. However Ashrief explained, she was taken instead by the SSC unit to “a very safe place” in Tripoli, where she has been kept ever since.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

Ashrief said that he had visited Anoud at her Tripoli location and she had told him that she was very happy and had been well-treated,  both while she was in prison and in the hands of the SSC unit.

The congressman said that she would not be travelling to Sebha, but “within two days”would be going to either Mauritania or Egypt, where she would be joining her mother. He added that in Tripoli she was currently with two aunts and a sister.

Ashrief did not reveal when his visit had taken place and said that there were no pictures of the encounter, because Anoud had said that she did not wish to be photographed. However a shot of the congressman with Anoud has since appeared on Facebook.

The threats made by members of the Magarha tribe to which Anoud belongs, to cut completely the flow of water from the western branch of the Man-Made River to western Libya, were made, said Ashrief, because the tribesmen did not understand that she had not been kidnapped.

“They didn’t know she had been taken by good people, ” he explained, “ that’s why they were protesting and about to cut the water”.

With additional reporting from Elabed Elraqubi


[/restrict]

Tags: Anoud SenussifeaturedFirst Special UnitKidnapLibyaMagrahaSSC

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post

No change to Tripoli International Airport's 18-hour Friday shutdown

New ACA head appointed

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seventy percent of waste is recyclable and can earn money – councils must work with the private sector to solve their recycling problems

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Public Prosecutor’s Office initiates legal proceedings against members of criminal gang involved in organizing illegal migration by sea

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC chairman participates in expanded meeting on new fuel import mechanism through tender

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.