No Result
View All Result
Thursday, February 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

New Libyan Ambassador to the UK presents credentials to the British monarch

bythomwestcott
December 13, 2012
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
New Libyan Ambassador to the UK presents credentials to the British monarch

His Excellency Mahmud Nacua and Mrs Nacua leaving the Libyan Embassy, about to board the royal carriage (Photo: Tom Westcott)

By Tom Westcott.

His Excellency Mahmud Nacua and Mrs Nacua leaving the Libyan Embassy, about to board the royal carriage (Photo: Tom Westcott)

London, 12 December:

Mahmud Nacua, the new Libyan Ambassador to the United Kingdom, today presented his credentials to Queen Elizabeth . . .[restrict]II, and paid tribute to the UK’s support of Libya.

Speaking at the reception after the presentation, held at five-star London hotel the Lanesborough, Nacua said: “It is a great honour for me to be the first Ambassador of Libya to the UK after the fall of the old regime. It was also a great honour for me and my wife and colleagues to have met the Queen at the presentation of credentials.

“She was very warm and open and asked me a lot of questions about Libya and how the situation was in the past and how it is now.”

RELATED POSTS

First phase of technical study assessing existing damage to Zumurrud Mall project completed

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

Nacua told Libya Herald that the Queen made a point of speaking to each of his colleagues. He also said she recalled how, on a royal visit to Libya made in 1954, she visited the school he had attended.

Nacua paid tribute to those who had participated in the revolution and said: “I take this opportunity to appreciate the huge support offered to Libya by the British Government.”

“Libya has a unique location with a small population but with areas that are very rich with resources,” Nacua said, “therefore, it needs strong and fair friends.” Based on this vision, he said he would be investing his skills and time in strengthening the relations between Tripoli and London. “I can see a promising future between our countries,” he said.

The royal carriage, carrying the new Ambassador, approaches Buckingham Palace (Photo: Tom Westcott)

Nacua told Libya Herald that for fifteen months he had been rebuilding the embassy to be the new face of Libya and said: “We will do what we can to change the image of Libya to the world.”

Zintan-born Nacua spent many years exiled from the country after a two-year imprisonment for opposition to the Qaddafi regime. He has been living in the UK since 1988. Nacua helped found the National Front for the Salvation of Libya in 1980 and was politically active against the old regime until it fell in October last year.

In July 2011 he was appointed as the First Representative of the National Transitional Council to the UK and, a year later, became the Libyan Ambassador to the UK.

Since the fall of the old regime Nacua has been able to return to his home country three times. Laughing, he said that he noticed both an increase in the traffic as well as the population. On a sombre note he said he regretted that there had been such little improvement to the country’s infrastructure.

He said the best thing was how happy Libyans were now. “There is no fear like in the past under the rule of Qaddafi,” Nacua said, “people have tasted freedom and, despite the problems there are, they feel glad.” [/restrict]

Related Posts

Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

February 18, 2026
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba criticises corruption and mismanagement within health sector – calls on sector to reform itself in return for his support

February 16, 2026
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Next Post

Five officers injured in latest attack on Benghazi police station

Opinion: Women in Libya are in a state of denial regarding women’s rights in Libya

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • National Development Agency signs partnership agreement with Signify Philips to enhance lighting projects in Libya

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of technical study assessing existing damage to Zumurrud Mall project completed

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.