No Result
View All Result
Sunday, August 31, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Deadly clashes in Benghazi continue; LNA claims 52 Ansar/IS killed

byMichel Cousins
September 27, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Maha Suleiman and Aimen Amzein.

Benghazi, 27 September 2015:

Intensive fighting continued today in Benghazi’s Sabri, Hawari, Leithi and Buatni districts for . . .[restrict]the ninth day running, with the spokesman for the National Army (LNA), Colonel Mohamed Hijazi, claiming that 52 Ansar Al-Sharia and Islamic State had been killed in the past three days alone. By contrast, he told the Libya Herald, just three LNA soldiers had died since the offensive started. Codenamed Operation Doom, it was launched by Khalifa Hafter on 19 September.

(Other reports put the figure at five, with as many as 21 LNA soldiers said to have been wounded in the clashes, some seriously.)

Ansar and IS “are now weak,” Hijazi said, claiming that the LNA now had full control psychiatric and Hawari hospitals in the south of the city , and were about to take control of the nearby cement factory area. “We have surrounded them there,” he said.

RELATED POSTS

Libya’s Tika Construction Chemicals company exports another shipment of its Xtreme porcelain tile adhesive and grouting materials to Grenada

“Made in Libya” exhibition to be held in Benghazi from 10 to 13 August

He also denied that a curfew had been ordered or a number of LNA supported troops had been killed in a friendly fire incident yesterday in Buatni. There were reports that as many as eight had been killed after they ignored orders and headed into the area as it was being bombed. “It’s not true,” Hizazi said.

Regarding the curfew, he said that all the LNA was doing was asking people not to go out unless absolutely necessary, so that the military coud get on its with operation unimpeded.

Hijazi also claimed that a boat bringing militants to Mreisa, the small harbour south of Benghazi used to supply both Ansar and IS forces in the city, had been bombed. One report, report, however, claims that the vessel was hit on its was out of Mreisa, and that it was not transporting anyone at the time.

LNA officials have also claimed that following a massive air and ground operation in Sabri that is it now in control of much of the area although there are still militants operating there.

There have, however, been similar claims in past weeks. [/restrict]

Tags: BenghaziLibya

Related Posts

Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
Next Post
No blind eye for terrorism, Saleh warns UN

No blind eye for terrorism, Saleh warns UN

Sixteen Libyan pilgrims still missing after Mecca stampede tragedy

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ministry of Planning launches Libya 2050 Vision

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.