No Result
View All Result
Sunday, May 24, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Acting Interior Minister Trabelsi sets out Libya’s stance on illegal migration ahead of the Trans-Mediterranean Migration Forum

bySami Zaptia
July 11, 2024
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine

Interior Ministry logo GNU

Ahead of the Trans-Mediterranean Migration Forum (TMMF) to be held in Tripoli on 17 July, Acting Interior Minister Emad Trabelsi held a press conference at the Ministry’s Tripoli headquarters today. During this conference he set out the Tripoli based Libyan government’s stance on the issue.

Trabelsi said the idea behind holding the Trans-Mediterranean Migration Forum in Tripoli is for Libya to be the owner of the project.

He said Tripoli’s policy is to establish four lines of defence to reduce irregular migration at the borders, desert, cities and sea.

The Acting Interior Minister said his government has agreed to encourage the voluntary return of migrants with the European Union, adding that the Tripoli government will not use the immigration file politically.

It is time to solve the migration issue and Libya will not continue to pay the price for this issue, he demanded.

RELATED POSTS

FX black-market has existed for years and decades, and eliminating it in a short period is impossible: CBL Governor Issa

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

He revealed that there are 20,000 immigrants in the southern eastern desert town of Kufra, adding that the southern border must be secured to control the main routes of irregular migration.

Trabelsi said his ministry had prepared 5,000 police officers for security work over a period of 30 days to help secure the borders.

The Acting Interior Minister warned that the resettlement of immigrants in Libya is unacceptable.

The number of foreigners in Libya is estimated at 2.5 million, most of them entered Libya across the border without visas. The illegal immigration file is a national security file, he concluded.

Tags: Acting Interior Minister Imad Trabelsi GNUillegal migration immigration

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement

Libyan health official in Slovakia detained for € 4 million fraud

AmCham Libya leading Libyan delegation to 2024 World of Concrete Tradeshow in Las Vegas, 23-25 January

AmCham Libya organising trade delegation to Miami’s Americas Food & Beverage Show 2024

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.