No Result
View All Result
Thursday, May 21, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Serraj and NOC and CBL chiefs discuss oil sector funding

byMichel Cousins
December 11, 2017
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald reporter.

Serraj, Sanalla
Serraj, Sanalla and Elkaber meeting in Tripoli (Photo: PC media office)

Tunis, 10 December 2017:

Presidency Council (PC) head Faiez Serraj has held joint talks with the head of the National Oil Corporation (NOC) Mustafa Sanalla and Tripoli-based Central Bank of Libya (CBL) governor Saddek Elkaber in a fresh effort to ensure that the oil industry has sufficient funding to enable it to both maintain its infrastructure and increase production and exploration.

Sanalla has been pressing both the PC and the CBL for over a year for capital expenditure funding to enable it to increase production and, with it, national revenues. Just over a year ago, he said $2.5 billion funding was needed for 2017. This investment in the sector, he said at the time, would allow the country to earn an extra $4.125 billion.

He has also been pushing for NOC to be in charge of its own revenues, rather than them going to the CBL which then pays NOC bills as agreed in the budget.

RELATED POSTS

Aldabaiba and Menfi stress use of polling feedback to establish consensus basis for constitutional process: report and analysis

Justice may be delayed, but it is not absent‎: Former NOC chairman Sanalla on yesterday’s oil closures prison sentences

So far, his calls have largely fallen on deaf ears, notably in the CBL, although there was a major meeting in August to discuss them. It was chaired by Serraj and again involved Sanalla and Elkaber as well as deputy PC head Ahmed Maetig, PC foreign minister Mohamed Siala and the PC’s head of the Libyan Investment Authority, Ali Mahmoud.

At yesterday’s meeting, it was pointed out that increased oil production and exports would contribute to improving the economic and liquidity situation and reduce the budget deficit.

No agreement, though, to release funds to the NOC was announced.

In an earlier version of this story, we reported that Sanalla had told Serraj at the meeting that oil output could reach 1.7 million b/d at some point next year. This was incorrect, and we apologise for the error.

Tags: CBLCBL Governor Saddek ElkaberFaiez SerrajfeaturedLibyaMustafa SanallaNOC

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post

Western ambassadors “alarmed at continued human rights abuses in Libya as Salamé paints dire picture of situation

IS member shot dead in Derna

IS member shot dead in Derna

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Industry Pioneers Conference and Forum held in Tripoli – as a national platform to support Libyan industry and enhance economic partnership

Austria’s OMV opens Benghazi office and holds meeting to discuss Contract Development Area No. 91

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.