No Result
View All Result
Monday, February 16, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libyan government calls on international community for help in fighting terrorism

byNewsdesk1
January 17, 2015
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Libyan government calls on international community for help in fighting terrorism

By Libya Herald staff.

isis
One of the pictures of supposed IS representatives visiting a shop in Tripoli (Photo: Social Media)

Tripoli, 16 January 2015:

In response to the photos of machine gun-wielding extremists allegedly ordering Tripoli shop owners to . . .[restrict]stop selling make-up and women’s lingerie posted by a group claiming connections to the Islamic State (IS) circulating on social media last week, the Libyan government has again called on the international community for assistance in rooting out terrorist elements inside Libya’s borders.

The government stressed that what is currently happening in Tripoli is an offense to the Libyan people, “who are known to be religious moderates”.

“The Libyan people renounce terrorism and extremism. They do not want to see a repeat of what has happened in Derna, which is now beyond the State’s control,” the government said in a statement on Friday.

RELATED POSTS

Aldabaiba opens First Phase of Tripoli’s Third Ring Road

On the day of first direct Tripoli to Rome flight, MoU signed between Libyan Civil Aviation and its Italian counterpart

The government went on to call on the international community to “do its duty and help” the Libyan government by lifting the ban on providing weapons to the national army and providing technical training to the military.

“With the proper training and weapons, the government will be able to fulfill its duty to fight terrorism and establish security inside Libya, the region and the world,” the statement said.

Reiterating previous statements, the government renewed its support of efforts by United Nations Special Envoy Bernadino Leon to facilitate a national dialogue, saying that dialogue was the only way out of the current conflict and calling on all parties to “sit at the dialogue table” to work out a plan for peace. [/restrict]

Tags: Islamic StateLibyalibyan governmentterrorismTripoli

Related Posts

Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba criticises corruption and mismanagement within health sector – calls on sector to reform itself in return for his support

February 16, 2026
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Janzour militia clashes cause damage to Tripoli West power station
Libya

Calm returns to Janzour after overnight militia clashes

February 13, 2026
Next Post

Financial crisis threatens further municipal elections

Algerian embassy in Tripoli in bomb attack; jihadists claim responsibility

Algerian embassy in Tripoli in bomb attack; jihadists claim responsibility

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • MFZ signs strategic maritime MoU with the Egyptian company MAPSO to enhance capabilities in building and maintaining marine vessels

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Saif al-Islam Qaddafi buried in Bani Walid next to his brother – thousands attend funeral as supporters of former regime display old green flag

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

“Transition to Clean Energy in Fezzan” symposium held by University of Fezzan and supported by NOC

CBL reaches agreement with importers to urgently deliver 2.5 million boxes of cooking oil

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.