By Libya Herald staff.
26 January 2015:
The political delegates to the Geneva dialogue talks restarted their discussions at the UN headquarters in . . .[restrict]the Swiss city today, again without the presence of the delegates from the continuing General National Congress who are boycotting the proceedings.
The discussions, which will continue tomorrow, are aimed at thrashing out some details on the general points agreed at the previous meeting on a ceasefire, confidence-building measures and a government of national unity.
“I am confident that Libyans participating and those who hopefully will join the talks have a very clear determination to reach an agreement, to pacify the country and to overcome the crisis,” Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Libya, Bernardino Leon, said after two sessions of discussions today. .
There had been an “excellent atmosphere” he said, and positive work had been done.
No one, however, should expect immediate results, he added. The process would “take time”.
Municipal delegates are due to add their input to the process on Wednesday and Thursday.