No Result
View All Result
Friday, February 20, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libya Dawn’s attack on eastern oil terminals is “collective suicide”: LNA

byNigel Ash
December 13, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Libya Dawn’s attack on eastern oil terminals is “collective suicide”: LNA

Picture thought to Misratan forces moving out of Sirte last night (Photo:social media)

By Libya Herald Reporters.

Picture thought to Misratan forces moving out of Sirte last night (Photo:social media)
Picture thought to Misratan forces moving out of Sirte last night (Photo:social media)

Tripoli and Benghazi, 13 December 2014:

A senior Libyan National Army commander has said that Misratan-led forces are committing . . .[restrict]“collective suicide” as they attack from Sirte towards Es Sider, the first of the key eastern oil export terminals.

Brigadier Saqr Adam Geroushi, Air Force Commander gave the warning this morning as a major battle was building up  around Beni Jawad, on the coastal road 150 kilometres east of Sirte. Misratan-led Libya Dawn forces attacking towards the eastern oil terminal of Es Sider. They have been met by members of the Petroleum Facilities Guard and units of the Libyan National Army.

Libya Dawn sources have claimed that they are now only four kilometres from Es Sider.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

So far there has been at least one air raid on Ghardabiya Air Base, which also doubles as Sirte’s civilian airport. Government sources have said that the attack was aimed at a weapons’ store. It is unclear if the target was hit. Reuters has also reported air raids near Es Sider and its the nighbouring export terminal at Ras Lanuf.

Pictures put up on social media show parts of a convoy said to be made up of at least 300 vehicles. Another posting  claims to give a breakdown of the Libya Dawn forces that are involved in the assault.

According to this, the main component appears to be the Misrata Third Force, which was withdrawn last week from Sebha.   Beside Ansar Al-Sharia’s Al-Farouq brigade, which is based on the outskirts of Sirte, the UN-sanctioned organisation  is also contributing the Al-Nawfiliya and Al-Khaleej Martyrs’ brigades and fighters who have fled the fighting in Benghazi.

The list also includes “tribal fighters from Misrata led by Ismail Al-Sallabi, leader of the Benghazi Rafallah Al-Sahati Brigade” as well as the Al-Halbous and Al-A’aifa Brigades and fighters from Tajoura, Ghariyan and Zuwara.

There are reports that casualties have been heavy and a steady flow of injured has been arriving at Ibn Sina hospital in Sirte. This hospital has been struggling to function since its mainly Filipino staff returned to the Philippines this August.

 

 

  [/restrict]

Tags: attackcollective suicideDawnfeaturedGeroushLibya

Related Posts

Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

After the revolution, Libya needs a state of institutions, the rule of law and a unified professional army: Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech

February 19, 2026
Next Post
“Books were his passion, and they changed his life” – the world of Darf Publishers

“Books were his passion, and they changed his life" - the world of Darf Publishers

Libya looks to cut illegal Mediterranean migration, seeks European help

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

Military Industrialization Organisation delivers 7,000 cooking gas cylinders it has manufactured locally to Brega Oil Marketing Company

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.