No Result
View All Result
Saturday, February 21, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libya Dawn says Tripoli secure, expats free to return

byNewsdesk1
September 19, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Ajnadin Mustafa

Tripoli, 19 September 2014:

Libya Dawn has said that it has launched a “security branch” to secure Tripoli and its . . .[restrict]administration buildings and that it is now safe for foreign embassies and businesses to return.

In a statement released yesterday by Libya Dawn spokesman Ahmad Hadia, the Misrata-led group of brigades invited the diplomatic community to return to a “secure” Tripoli, emphasising that “now” is the time for dialogue in order to reach a comprehensive national reconciliation.

Hadia emphasized that any dialogue had to be among Libyans and Libyans only, not subject to foreign interference in any way.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

“We wish to underline the fact that we did not and will not fight for the government in Tobruk, and are therefore not obligated to negotiate with it,” Hadia went on to say.

Libya Dawn rejects the exclusion of “revolutionaries” from the political scene, Hadia added, especially after the sacrifices they had made to bring about the current post-revolution “government” of Omar Al-Hassi.

Calling for an end to “political bias” in relation to the Central Bank of Libya, whose Chairman Saddek Elkaber was removed by the Tobruk-based House of Representatives last week, the Libya Dawn spokesman said that those elected to the HoR had to cooperate with the General National Congress as laid out by the Constitutional Declaration.

Hadia also called on HoR members to state their position regarding the air strikes by “foreign” planes on Tripoliand Gharian.

“We call on the members of the House of Representatives to apologise to the Libya Dawn revolutionaries,” Hadia demanded. “They have been the victims of offensive and unjust name calling”. [/restrict]

Tags: CBLGNCHoRLibyaLibya Dawn

Related Posts

Mental health services in Libya almost non-existent – approximately one million people need mental health care: WHO 2020 report
Libya

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

February 21, 2026
Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts
Libya

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

February 21, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Next Post
ICRC and Libyan Red Crescent deliver medical aid to Warshefana area hospital

ICRC and Libyan Red Crescent deliver medical aid to Warshefana area hospital

Egyptian Foreign Ministry recalls consular staff from Ras Jedir border crossing

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.