No Result
View All Result
Sunday, November 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Zeidan’s kidnapper reported killed in Tripoli

byMichel Cousins
March 30, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Zeidan’s kidnapper reported killed in Tripoli

Abdulmonem Al-Said (Photo: Social media)

By Ashraf Abdul-Wahab.

Abdulmonem Al-Said (Photo: Social media)
Abdulmonem Al-Said (Photo: Facebook)

Tripoli, 14 July 2014:

It is reported that Abdulmonem Al-Said, the man who played a prime role in the kidnapping of former prime minister Ali Zeidan last October, has been killed along with two of his bodyguards on the airport road near the Ministry of Interior.

The killing has not been confirmed but a photo of a dead man closely resembling Al-Said has appeared on social media. The Libyan Revolutionaries Operations Room (LROR), which was also involved in Zeidan’s kidnapping, has accused the Zintani Sawaq Brigade of the killings.

LROR is part of the alliance of Islamist-leaning revolutionaries that launched the weekend attack on Sawaq and Qaaqaa Brigades that has resulted in the closure of Tripoli International Airport.

RELATED POSTS

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

At the time of Zeidan’s abduction, Al-Said headed the Counter Crime Agency’s (CCA) bureau in Tripoli’s Fornaj district.  He was questioned about his role in the affair but never charged despite continuing to boast of his part in it.

Zintan Local Council was one of the bodies that demanded that he and all those involved be arrested and punished.

Since then, Al-Said was reported to have moved to head the CCA’s marine surveillance operations.

Last month, he was briefly kidnapped. He claimed afterwards that he had been tortured and that those behind his abduction were “a force belonging to the Ministry of Interior”. The reason for their doing so, he alleged, was because he had submitted documents to the Attorney General incriminating “Zeidan’s gang and his special militias” in what he claimed was the theft of LD 29 billion of state funds. He also implicated Prime Minister Abdullah Al-Thinni.

It is not clear at present to what extent he was involved in Operation Dawn against the Sawaq and Qaaqaa brigades, but it seems highly unlikely that he would not have been playing a significant role.

Both Sawaq and Qaaqaa are usually called Zintani brigades, however most of their members are Tripoli-based, but with family origins in Zintan – and therefore ties and loyalties to it. [/restrict] [/restrict]

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post

Government condemns Tripoli Airport attacks

Aman Bank closes Tripoli branches on Monday

Aman Bank closes Tripoli branches on Monday

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seventy percent of waste is recyclable and can earn money – councils must work with the private sector to solve their recycling problems

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Libya’s energy transition represents one of North Africa’s most significant infrastructure opportunities: LBBC Chairman Peter Millett

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Public Prosecutor’s Office initiates legal proceedings against members of criminal gang involved in organizing illegal migration by sea

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.