No Result
View All Result
Sunday, May 24, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

$35 million allegedly paid for illegal oil shipment

bythomwestcott
March 8, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Ayman Amzein.

Benghazi, 8 March 2014:

A sum of $35 million has allegedly been paid for a shipment of crude illegally being . . .[restrict]loaded at the Es-Sider oil export terminal today.

A source close to Ibrahim Jadhran, the self-styled leader of the federalist movement that has closed oil fields and facilities and created the ‘government of Cyrenaica’,  told the Libya Herald that the sum had been paid into a bank in Beida.

A North Korean-flagged tanker docked at 6am today and spokesperson for the so-called ‘government of Cyrenaica’ Ali El-Hassi said it had successfully loaded a shipment of the equivalent of 350,000 barrels of oil by early evening.

RELATED POSTS

LAIP signs MoU with Saudi Ajyal Company – discussions included participation in Zuwara Oil Refinery project

Tripoli Libyan government economic delegation holds further meetings in Saudi Arabia

There are reports, however, that the tanker did not actually start loading until 8pm. A well-placed shipping source said that the captain had wanted to leave without the oil but that the crew were threatened and forced to start loading operations.

A number of sources, including a member of the General National Congress, said that, although sailing under the flag of North Korea, the vessel was owned by a Saudi Arabian businessman.

The Saudi Arabian Embassy, however, released a statement today saying the oil tanker was not in any way connected to the Kingdom.

The Saudi ambassador said that the Kingdom respected Libyan sovereignty over its territorial waters and its right to defend its interests. It condemned any violation of international regulations and laws that undermined the Libyan sovereignty, he added.

Prime Minister Ali Zeidan said that military action would be taken against the vessel if it did not follow instructions from the Libyan Navy. [/restrict]

Tags: federalismhydrocarbon exportsLibyaNorth Koreaoil exportssaudi Arabia

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post

Former security officer killed in Benghazi

Protection and honours for International Women’s Day in Tripoli

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.