No Result
View All Result
Saturday, August 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Election re-runs next Wednesday says Elabbar

byMichel Cousins
February 22, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Ahmed Elumami.

Tripoli, 21 February 2014:

Fresh Constitutional Committee elections in the 81 polling centres which could not operate yesterday . . .[restrict]because of violence or blockades will take place next Wednesday, 26 February. 

The head of Higher National Elections Commission (HNEC), Nuri Elabbar, said at press conference today that every effort will be put into enabling those registered at the affected polling centres to vote. However, the authorities in the form of the General National Congress, the General Chief of Staff and the Ministry of Interior will have to provide full security to ensure the arrival of election material and the safety of the stations and voters, he insisted.

Violence in Obari, Derna and elsewhere forced polling centres to close yesterday while in Murzuk sub-constituency, a blockade by Tebus opposed to the vote prevented ballot papers getting to the centres.  In all, 61 polling centres in Obari constituency were affected, 14 in Derna, three for Tebu voters in Kufra, two in Sebha and one in Ajdabyia constituency at the Sarir oil field.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

The 34 polling centres did not open in the first place in the west of the country because of the Amazigh boycott will not be involved in the attempt at a re-run. They are subject to political negotiations between the Amazigh community and the General National Congress. 

The process of counting yesterday’s votes had begun, Elabbar also said at today’s press conference. HNEC had already received the results from Azziziya, Zawiya, Khoms, Tripoli, Misrata and part of the Jebel Nafusa. Results from the east and south areas would probably arrive tonight, Friday, he added.

The teams at the data and statistics department were starting the count in preparation for a preliminary announcement tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, Sunday, he explained. The timing would depend on the work needing to be done. [/restrict]

Tags: Constitutional Committee electionsHigher National Elections CommissionLibya

Related Posts

Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
Next Post

Huge demand prompts Libyan-Maltese business forum to choose larger venue

Tunisia crash enquiry starts

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Medsky Airways adds a second Airbus 320 to its fleet

    Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ministry of Planning launches Libya 2050 Vision

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.