By Maha Ellawati.
Tripoli, 4 January:
Three Libyan students at a police officer training academy in Istanbul were suffocated by gas from faulty . . .[restrict]heaters in their accommodation yesterday.
The three Libyans have been named as Ramzi Salim Gadmour, Abuminyar Imbarek Al-Qaddafi and Salem Mohamed Mansour, and sources in Turkey confirmed that they were killed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning as they slept in the training centre in Istanbul.
The Turkish Interior Minister, Idris Sahin, last night offered his government’s condolences to Libya’s Interior Minister Ashour Shuwail.