No Result
View All Result
Sunday, August 31, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Guba bombings makes army “all the more determined” says Hafter as Jerushi threatens Misrata and Mitiga

byMichel Cousins
February 22, 2015
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Guba bombings makes army “all the more determined” says Hafter as Jerushi threatens Misrata and Mitiga

Khalifa Hafter calls the fight against Islamist terrorists a "sacred" duty (Photo: video grab)

By Libya Herald staff.

Khalifa Hafter calls the fight against Islamist terrorists a "sacred" duty (Photo: video grab)
Khalifa Hafter calls the fight against Islamist terrorists a “sacred” duty (Photo: video grab)

Benghazi, 21 February 2105:

Yesterday’s suicide bombs in Guba which killed 46 people will not stop Operation Dignity and . . .[restrict]the army from fighting and destroying the terrorists in Libya, General Khalifa Hafter has said. It made them all the more determined to fight.

“We will finish the battle,” he declared in a short TV statement broadcast this evening. Conveying his condolences to the families of those killed, he said that hunting the terrorists and “terminating them” was now the most important mission for the army, he stated. The war against terrorism was a “sacred” duty, he insisted.

Meanwhile in a separate hardline statement, Air Force Commander Saqr Adam Geroushi has warned that fighter planes are going to bomb Tripoli’s Mitiga airbase and the air force academy at Misrata airport.

RELATED POSTS

LAIP stalled Misrata cement factory committee meets to move the project forward

Following Qatari Elegancia’s contract: Audit Bureau stresses effective management of public funds, optimal use of management contracts‎

He claimed that there had been an agreement with Misrata that the Libyan air force would stop it previous attacks on Misrata airport if Libya Dawn forces refrained from air attacks of its own. He accused the Misratans of breaking the agreement. They had, he said, bombed Zintan airport while a civilian plane was about to land and had used the truce to build up and develop its air power.

Earlier this month, one of Misrata’s leaders, Abdurrahman Sewehli, was in Ukraine, allegedly seeking help to restore and re-equip MiG fighters in Misrata’s control and there have been unconfirmed reports that he returned to Libya with a number of Ukrainian technicians. These are since being credited with suusposedly repairing the aircraft and enabling them to attack both Wattiya airbase and Zintan airport. [/restrict]

Tags: Abdulrahman SewehlifeaturedKhalifa HafterLibyaMisrataSaqr Adam Jeroushi

Related Posts

Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
Next Post

Deadly mystery illness hits Zawia hospitall

Bomb blasts at Iranian ambassador’s residence

Bomb blasts at Iranian ambassador's residence

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Libyan German discussions include resumption of flights, opening of German Embassy’s visa section and economic and investment cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.