No Result
View All Result
Saturday, November 29, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Prince Mohamed Senussi calls on Libyans to unite

byMichel Cousins
December 26, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Prince Mohamed Senussi calls on Libyans to unite

Prince Mohamed Al

By Libya Herald staff.

Prince Mohamed Al
Prince Mohamed Al-Rida Senussi addressing Libyans on Indenendance Day (Photo: video grab)

26 September 2014:

Prince Mohamed Al-Rida Senussi has called on Libyans to unite and lay personal interests aside in . . .[restrict]favour of national ones.

Speaking publicly for the first time in over three years in a video recording issued on 24 December, the anniversary of Libya’s independence in 1951, the son of the late Crown Prince Hassan also condemned the violence and killings that have marked Libya since the revolution. Libyans had proved in the revolution that they wanted a democratic and free state. Libya had to be a civil democracy, he said. It could not belong to one tribe or town or city.

In a speech heavy on the country’s history, the prince, viewed by many Libyans in favour of restoring the monarchy as the legitimate pretender to the throne, noted that in their struggle against the Italian colonialists, the Senussi forces of resistance leader Omar Mukhtar had never turned their weapons on other Libyans, and the present generation – the “grandsons of Omar Mukhtar” – should not do so either.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

The 24th of December was an important date for Libya, he said. Libyans had shown in 1951 that they could work together and produce a constitution that was the basis of the Libyan state. It had been done by people who loved their country. The inference was that it could be done again.

The 52-year-old prince not refer to a possible restoration of the monarchy or to his own position. Although a supporter of the revolution from the outset, he has not spoken publicly since May 2011. He has taken the view that it is up to the Libyan people to decide what political system they want. [/restrict]

Tags: Crown Prince Mohamed Al-RidafeaturedLibya

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post

LFJL launches online constitutional discussion, calls for greater protection for potentially marginalised groups

Aid reaches displaced families

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • A high-level Libyan delegation and U.S. officials from Congress, the administration, and think tanks hold roundtable discussion in DC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli Libyan government delegation holds extensive meeting in DC with several major American companies ‘‘reflecting renewed American interest in Libyan market’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli government delegation meets Eric Meyer, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for the Middle East and Africa, to discuss economic and financial cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Sirte Free Zone offers 70% reduction in duties for all goods through its port for two years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.