No Result
View All Result
Sunday, February 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libya Dawn denies air attacks near oil ports

bythomwestcott
December 17, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Libya Dawn denies air attacks near oil ports

Chief of Staff spokesman for the Tripoli-based Libyan Army Ismail Ashukri (Photo: Tom Westcott)

By Libya Herald staff.

Chief of Staff spokesman for the Tripoli-based Libyan Army Ismail Ashukri (Photo: Tom Westcott)
Chief of Staff spokesman for the Tripoli-based Libyan armed forces, Ismail Ashukri

Tripoli, 17 December 2014:

The Libya Dawn operation to ensure the country’s oil facilities are under the control of . . .[restrict]the Tripoli-based government has denied carrying out airstrikes as part of its ongoing offensive.

“I confirm we have not used any aircraft so far,” Operation Sunrise spokesman Ismail Ashukri said yesterday, refuting reports that circulated in the media yesterday.

In what appeared to be a reference to Ibrahim Jadhran, he said that the operation’s sole task was to “lift the siege that has been enforced on the ports by outlawed groups.”

RELATED POSTS

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

Erstwhile federalist champion Jadhan kept three of the country’s oil export terminals closed for almost a year as part of a dispute about the distribution of Libya’s oil wealth. He has continued to head the Petroleum Facilities Guard tasked with providing security at the oil export terminals and oil fields.

“We consider these groups to be terrorist groups and they are taking shelter inside the oil ports,” Ashukri said. “They have turned the oil ports into military bases and warehouses for weapons and ammunition.”

Operation Sunrise was established under a Chief of Staff decision on 30 November assigning an armed force to protect and secure the oil export terminals in the eastern region, he said. It had one task – to secure oil facilities in the east and return these back to the control of the government – and, as soon as this was achieved, the operation would cease.

“This military operation is not targeting any certain city, clan or tribe but is only against outlawed groups that are controlling the future and main resources of the Libyan people which has resulted in a great loss valued at billions of dollars,” Ashukri said.

He assured international and local companies based at the country’s oil ports that their property would be protected until such time as normal port operations could resume and workers could return. [/restrict]

Tags: Ibrahim JadhranLibyaoil export terminalsOperation Sunrisesecurity

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Tripoli Criminal Court convicts five Waha bank employees for LD 131 million corruption

February 22, 2026
Mental health services in Libya almost non-existent – approximately one million people need mental health care: WHO 2020 report
Libya

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

February 21, 2026
Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts
Libya

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

February 21, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
Next Post
Audit Bureau refers three Libyan ambassadors to Public Prosecutor’s Office

Audit Bureau refers three Libyan ambassadors to Public Prosecutor’s Office

Libyan African Investment Portfolio's HQ occupied by armed attackers

Top Stories

  • Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts

    Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benina Airport installs first-ever ILS/DME Navigational Aids System by Spain’s Sky Navigation Systems

Sirte Oil Company completes drilling of horizontal well C345H in the Ziltan field with production rate of 2,000 barrels per day

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.