No Result
View All Result
Sunday, November 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Libya Build opens – despite security troubles

bySami Zaptia
May 20, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Libya Build opens – despite security troubles

By Sami Zaptia.

Libyan Prime Minister-elect Ahmed Maetig (Photo: Sami Zaptia)
Libyan Prime Minister-elect Ahmed Maetig opens the Libya Build 2014 exhibition (Photo: Sami Zaptia).

Tripoli, 20 May 2014:         

The tenth Libya Build 2014 exhibition was opened yesterday by Prime Minister-elect Ahmed Maetig, despite the . . .[restrict]security troubles in Tripoli the previous night. Various ambassadors, including the British, Italian and Turkish, and commercial attaches from Turkey, Italy, Holland, France and Austria were present.

Those present at the opening ceremony were surprised – pleasantly – to see the Prime Minister elect, as opposed to the caretaker Prime Minister Abdullah Thenni or someone from the Ministry of Economy. Maetig did a whirlwind tour of the exhibition stopping at numerous Libyan stands as well as the Turkish, Italian, and Austrian pavilions.

No less than 494 companies are participating from 23 different countries. International participants make up 63 percent of the participants. Participation by Libyan companies was up 9 percent – the highest in the ten year history of the show. Outdoor exhibition space participation has also increased by 12 percent, again the most in the show’s history – organizers ATEX say.

RELATED POSTS

Libya Build 2025 opens with 260 leading local and international companies from more than ten countries

Libya and Austria discuss possibility of holding economic forum

Country

Participants

1 Libya

224

2 Turkey

102

3 Italy

74

4 China

34

5 Others

60

Total:

494

 

Cemil Filizfidanoglu, International Relations Manager of Troy Expo, organizers of the Turkish exhibitors said that “Turkish companies still think it is important to come to Libya”, when asked if he still thought it was important to come and exhibit in Libya.

Libya “is still one of the biggest markets for Turkish companies. There will always be Turkish companies doing business in Libya.

Asked what he thought of the number of visitors on the first day compared to last year, he said that he thought it was down on last year – in view of yesterday’s security problems. However he was optimistic saying that “when things hopefully calm down, we will have more visitors and business”.

In reality, many visitors and exhibitors thought it was a miracle that the show continued with so many participants and visitors – in view of last night’s events. There were some – very few – empty exhibition booths, with some unable to come due to flight cancellations whilst others elected to cancel their trip. There is talk of members of one national pavilion leaving tomorrow – but nothing was confirmed.

There were, like last year’s event, opening day teething problems. The organizers are still unable to estimate electric consumption by the exhibitors, which led to a power shortage. This affected the air conditioning in some halls, including where Libya Herald’s booth was in Hall 1. This also meant that the promised free WiFi internet, supplied by Rawafed, was not working all day – which is a great inconvenience for an online publication! [/restrict]

Tags: Ahmed MaetigBusinessCommercial attachesLibya Build

Related Posts

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments
Business

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

November 29, 2025
Ministry of Housing in discussions with Ernst & Young in London
Business

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

November 29, 2025
Minister of Industry meets the Committee for Localisation of Oil Materials and Equipment Industry
Business

Industry and Minerals Ministry signs MoU with Hungary’s Rotary International Co. for joint infrastructure investment projects

November 29, 2025
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Business

NOC reviews Poland’s Puna oil company’s 2025-26 exploration plans in the Murzuq Basin

November 29, 2025
LAIP delegation visits Maputo, Mozambique to recover seized rice project
Business

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio holds coordination meeting with Nigerian embassy on Transit Corridors Project

November 28, 2025
Libyan Export Promotion Centre changes to become Libyan Export Development Authority – new logo adopted
Business

Libyan Export Development Authority to launch subsidised direct shipping service to Sub-Saharan African ports

November 28, 2025
Next Post
61 Italian companies take part in Libya Build

61 Italian companies take part in Libya Build

Tripoli doctor killed in random fire

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Libya’s energy transition represents one of North Africa’s most significant infrastructure opportunities: LBBC Chairman Peter Millett

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seventy percent of waste is recyclable and can earn money – councils must work with the private sector to solve their recycling problems

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Public Prosecutor’s Office initiates legal proceedings against members of criminal gang involved in organizing illegal migration by sea

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.