No Result
View All Result
Sunday, August 31, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libyan government announces partial curfew from 6pm to 6am in hotspots and continues vaccination drive due to increased rate of coronavirus infections

bySami Zaptia
July 26, 2021
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Libyan government announces partial curfew from 6pm to 6am in hotspots and continues vaccination drive due to increased rate of coronavirus infections

An extraordinary vaccination campaign was launched in Tripoli on Saturday and a partial curfew was announced on Sunday in yet-to-be announced hot spots (Photo: NCDC).

By Sami Zaptia.

An extraordinary vaccination campaign was launched in Tripoli on Saturday and a partial curfew was announced on Sunday in yet-to-be announced hot spots (Photo: NCDC).

London, 26 July 2021:

The Libyan government announced a partial curfew yesterday from 6pm to 6 am but left it to the Health Ministry to nominate on health grounds in which cities or towns it will be imposed.

The decision has sown confusion with the Health Ministry saying it is not within its competencies to announce curfews, but to give medical advice on when curfews should be imposed – by the government.

The Health Ministry did, however, request on Saturday the declaration of a health emergency in the country, to activate the mechanisms to combat the epidemic in accordance with the law.

RELATED POSTS

Aldabaiba broadly welcomes Tetteh’s new political Roadmap

PM Aldabaiba and Governor Issa discuss priority economic and financial issues

The curfew decision was announced by prime minister Abd Alhamid Aldabaiba during the government’s first cabinet meeting (the fifth of the year) to be held in Sebha yesterday, and comes on the back of rising rates of Coronavirus infections.

Launch of Tripoli extraordinary vaccination campaign

The curfew announcement also followed on from the launch of the extraordinary vaccination campaign on Saturday against the Coronavirus in the major municipalities of Tripoli. The campaign had started previously in other coastal cities such as Misrata that were experiencing increased rates of infections.

The National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) said the Tripoli vaccination campaign is targeting all citizens and residents in the municipalities of Tripoli in an attempt to limit the spread of the Coronavirus. The campaign is targeting forty thousand doses as a first stage, it added.

Vaccination rates and registrations

Speaking at the Sebha cabinet meeting, Health Minister Ali Zanati revealed that out of the total 1,281,052 vaccines received by Libya, only 40 percent (530,808) had been administered to patients. He said over a million other doses are expected from four different suppliers – but gave no dates.

Over 900,000 Libyans had registered for vaccinations on the online system, but only 4,700 non-citizens.

The latest Coronavirus cases and vaccinations

Meanwhile, the latest National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) figures reported today read as follows:

Total number of people vaccinated 532,423
Total number of Coronavirus cases 236,961
Total number of recovered cases 187,221
Total number of active cases 46,342
Total number of deaths 3,398
Total number of tests conducted over last 24 hours 11,041
Rate of infection 31.8 percent

 

 

Consignment of 500,000 doses of Sputnik V vaccines arrive in Tripoli | (libyaherald.com)

 

 

 

Tags: Abd Alhamid aldabaiba pm GNU Government of National Unitycorona virus coronavirus Covid 19curfew lockdownfeaturedhealth minister Ali Zanati GNUvaccinations

Related Posts

Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
Next Post

While acting as technical advisor in the HoR-HNEC Rome meeting, UNSMIL urges HoR and HSC to work together on constitutional basis for elections

Nearly 149,000 new voters recorded on the electoral register

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Libyan German discussions include resumption of flights, opening of German Embassy’s visa section and economic and investment cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.