In the framework of following up on the progress of work according to the approved 2023 plan, the Minister of Economy and Trade, Mohamed Al-Hwej, held a meeting yesterday with his top echelons.
The Ministry reported that the meeting reviewed the activity of departments and offices during the first half of this year and technical reports on the registration of companies and trademarks with the ministry.
It also reviewed the tasks of field work teams charged with conducting legal calibration at petrol stations, scales and measures used in ports, companies and commercial activities in various regions.
The attendees also touched on the international cooperation file and the coordination mechanism with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to enhance economic and trade relations at the regional and international levels.
The Ministry of Economy reported that the Minister directed the competent departments to:
- Prepare a half-yearly report on economic activity.
- Prepare the Ministry’s vision with the participation of the agricultural and industry sectors to achieve economic diversification.
- Prepare a draft map of free and private zones.
- Communicate with municipalities to complete the inventory of investment opportunities to include them in the Ministry’s Investment Map.
- Follow up on the implementation of the Ministry’s decisions related to regulating internal and external trade.
- Update the vision of investment opportunities in all sectors.
- Follow up and implement the instructions of the Prime Minister regarding the purchase of wheat and barley crops from Libyan producers in south Libya through the specified formed committee.