No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

NOC welcomes Aldabaiba’s reversal of Oil Minister’s decision to suspend chairman Sanalla

bySami Zaptia
September 21, 2021
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Sami Zaptia.

(Logo: NOC).

London, 21 September 2021:

Libya’s state National Oil Corporation (NOC) yesterday welcomed the decision by Prime Minister Abd Alhamid Aldabaiba (No. 292/2021) to withdraw the decision of the Minister of Oil (No. 35/2021) to suspend the head of the NOC chairman Mustafa Sanalla from his post. The NOC stated that it now considers all decisions, correspondence and measures taken in this regard to have no legal effect.

The NOC stated that the decision comes within the framework of the strenuous efforts made by the Prime Minister to address some of the disputes that have emerged recently between the newly created Ministry of Oil and the NOC, which led to work confusion and gave an opportunity for some stalkers in the sector to try to destabilize and undermine production, which may negatively reflect on the recovery of the economy.

In this regard, the NOC affirmed its full commitment to all the instructions of the Prime Minister in particular, and its adherence to professional work in accordance with its competencies that are authorized by law, and that it is ready to turn the page of the past and work together with the Ministry of Oil for the public interest and achieve the requirements of the stage, each according to its competencies.

RELATED POSTS

Mellitah Oil and Gas completes maintenance on well A-28 in Abu Attifel field – reducing water to zero, increasing production to 2,490 bpd

Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

Based on the above, the NOC said that it is also waiting for the Ministry of Oil to take the initiative to put aside disputes, to rise above some practices, and to take the initiative to assist it in providing the necessary budgets in order to achieve the sector’s goals represented in developing reserves, modernizing the dilapidated infrastructure of the oil sector, and realizing the objectives of production, and achieving the highest revenues for the state treasury. This it said was ‘‘in order that we all contribute to creating stability, rebuilding the country, providing jobs and achieving what the Libyan people aspire to.

‘‘Our strength is in our unity, our weakness is in our differences and our division’’, the NOC statement concluded.

 

For a fuller report and analysis of the Aoun-Sanalla public spat see:

Aldabaiba’s Aoun-Sanalla crisis summit: Kiss and make up or slap on the wrist? | (libyaherald.com)

Sanalla hits back at Oil Minister Aoun – Aldabaiba to decide their fate in Sunday meeting | (libyaherald.com)

NOC chairman Sanalla suspended from his post and referred for investigation by Oil Minister – his replacement declines the temporary post | (libyaherald.com)

 

 

 

 

Tags: featuredNOC chairman Mustafa SanallaNOC National Oil CorporationOil Minister Mohamed Aoun GNU

Related Posts

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Minister of Health inaugurates 13 Golden Clinic Complexes – bringing a radical transformation in accessible healthcare to citizens

May 16, 2026
Libya

Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

May 15, 2026
Next Post

UNSMIL concerned by vote-of-no-confidence in Aldabaiba government – government remains in office until elections

Libyan government lost confidence because it initiated long term agreements and deviated from agreed upon tasks: HoR Spokesperson

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

CBL renews call on Economy Ministry to prohibit imports without payment through official bank transfers starting from 15 June

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.