By Sami Zaptia.
London, 21 June 2021:
The head of the Libyan Business Council, Abdalla Al-Fellah, met a Tunisian business delegation on Sunday headed by the president of the Tunisian International Development and Investment Association, Lazhar Ben Younes, at the LBC’s Tripoli headquarters.
The delegation included a number of Tunisian businessmen, the President of the Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry in Medenine, and Director of Economic Activities Spaces in Zarzis.
The Tunisian International Development and Investment Association were the organizers of the Djerba International Business Forum (DIBF) which was attended by the LBC and a large Libyan delegation in Djerba from 27-28 May.
The LBC reported that the meeting, which included some of the Libyan participants in the DIBF, discussed:
- The outcomes of the DIBF.
- The foundations on which bilateral cooperation should be conducted.
- How to address the obstacles and problems facing businessmen in both countries.
- Seeking to activate the economic agreements concluded between the two countries.
- Following up on the issue of Libyans’ money seized in Tunisian banks.
- Rejecting and condemning the illegal bodies claiming to represent Libyan and Tunisian business owners.
The two parties also agreed to set up a cooperation agreement that includes:
- Exchanging information about investment and employment opportunities and about investors from both parties.
- Working to open a special corridor for business leaders at the border crossings.
- Studying the establishment of a free zone at the Ras Ajdir border crossing.
Several outcomes of the Djerba International Business Forum revealed | (libyaherald.com)
Zliten Chamber of Commerce head summarises solutions to improved Libyan-Tunisian trade at Djerba Forum | (libyaherald.com)
Djerba International Business Forum 27-28 May – kicked off with large Libyan participation | (libyaherald.com)
Zliten Chamber of Commerce meets South African ambassador to discuss increased economic cooperation | (libyaherald.com)