No Result
View All Result
Saturday, February 21, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

NOC confident of again controlling Oil Crescent export terminals

byNigel Ash
March 21, 2017
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
NOC confident of again controlling Oil Crescent export terminals

NOC chief Mustafa Sanalla with China's ambassador (Photo: NOC)

By Libya Herald reporters.

NOC chief Mustafa Sanalla with China's ambassador (Photo: NOC)
NOC chief Mustafa Sanalla with China’s envoy Li Zhiguo (Photo: NOC)

Tripoli/Tunis, 20 March 2017:

National Oil Corporation chief Mustafa Sanalla remains confident that the organisation will resume full control of the eastern oil terminals in the Oil Crescent despite messages to the contrary from the House of Representatives and the rival NOC in Beida.

After the Libyan National Army last September ousted Ibrahim Jadhran’s Petroleum Facilities Guard from Zuetina, Brega, Ras Lanuf and Sidra, control of the terminals, along with that of Tobruk which had always stayed operational, were passed back to NOC in Tripoli.

However, the brief capture of Ras Lanuf and Sidra by the Benghazi Defence Brigades appears to have changed the mood in the east.  Although Presidency Council chief Faiez Serraj denied that his government in Tripoli had authorised the BDB attack, his defence minister Mahdi Al-Barghathi had said he was sending 600 troops to reinforce the BDB while PC-appointed chief of the PFG Idris Bukhamada had also moved his men to protect the terminals.

RELATED POSTS

Ras Lanuf successfully restarts second polyethylene production‎ line – after a 12-year stoppage

Ras Lanuf signs contract with Slovakian Hydromtazah for maintenance of concrete foundations and steel structures at seawater outlet

Nevertheless, Sanalla has told Reuters that he had no reason to believe that Tripoli NOC would not regain control of the two oil ports. “We have been coordinating our assessment of the facilities with them,” he told the news agency, “We have no reason to believe control of the ports will not be handed back to NOC.”

It is understood the the two export terminals suffered no serious damage in the latest fighting despite BDB claims the LNA warplanes had deliberately targeted the oil facilities. It appears that the BDB did not put any men into the terminals themselves.

Sanalla said that it had been decided to resume operations following a technical assessment and a check by military engineers for unexploded ordinance.  Workers were returning to the two ports and the Waha Oil Company had resumed pumping to Sidra on Saturday. It had begun sending 25,000 b/d. Before the BDB attack the flow had been 75,000 b/d.

Bloomberg quoted the coordinator of NOC’s Oil Crescent emergency committee, Mustafa El-Zegheid, that at least 45 workers and engineers had returned to Ras Lanuf and 35 more to Sidra.

Before the attack Libya production had hovered around 700,000 b/d but is currently some 611,000 b/d. Sanalla said that he hoped to bring output up to 800,000 b/d by the end of next month.

On Saturday, Sanalla hosted China’s Libyan ambassador Li Zhiguo and officials from Beijing’s state-owned UNIPEC oil trading company. Their discussions included oil contracts and the return of Chinese engineers who had quit in 2014 as security collapsed.

The NOC also reported that Sanalla had been invited to make an official visit to China with the idea of developing oil industry links with Libya.

Tags: BDBfeaturedLi ZhiguoLibyaLNANOCPFGRas LanufSanallaSidra

Related Posts

Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

After the revolution, Libya needs a state of institutions, the rule of law and a unified professional army: Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech

February 19, 2026
Next Post
Italian embassy to re-start issuing visas

Italian embassy to re-start issuing visas

Serraj asks EU for €800 million for anti-migrant support

Serraj asks EU for €800 million for anti-migrant support

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

Military Industrialization Organisation delivers 7,000 cooking gas cylinders it has manufactured locally to Brega Oil Marketing Company

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.