No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Attempt to kill Haitham Tajouri says his militia

byNigel Ash
August 17, 2016
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Moutaz Ali.

TRB leader Haitham Tajouri (Photo: Social media)
Tripoli Revolutionaries’ Brigade head Haitham Tajouri (Photo: Social media)

Tripoli, 16 August 2016:

The Tripoli Revolutionaries’  Brigade has said that its commander Haitham Tajouri was targeted unsuccessfully by assassins over the weekend. The attack on a TRB post at Mitiga airport,  is said to have been mounted by members of the Al-Buni brigade, whose leader is known to be close to intelligence chief Mohamed Muftah Nuh.

It is unclear if the alleged attempt to kill Tajouri was the trigger for his seizure of intelligence offices in Tripoli, or a consequence of that act.

In a statement today the TRB said that the attack happened on Sunday, the day that Tajouri sent his men to occupy the intelligence HQ in Fornaj, as well as four other sites in the city, including the office at Mitiga airport. However the Libya Herald understands that the Al-Buni brigade mounted their assault on Saturday.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

The TRB statement went on confirm its respect for the independence of the intelligence network but said that it would not withdraw from the intelligence buildings until Nuh had been replaced.  It accused him of bribery to advance his personal ambitions and that this had disrupted the proper function of the intelligence organisation.

It also claimed that an intelligence officer, whom it named as Joudet Al-Khadar had been using financial inducements to get colleagues to spy for “foreign countries”. No further details were given.

It said that the intelligence organisation should by run by professionals who kept themselves above politics.

“We are ready to hand over all the administration buildings once the Presidency Council has assigned a new intelligence head in accordance with the Libyan Political Agreement”.

This is not the first reported attempt on Tajouri’s life.  A year ago he was supposedly shot.      In 2013 he was kidnapped on the capital’s Airport Road by a Zintani militia who held him overnight and then freed him saying his seizure had been “ a misunderstanding”.

Tags: featuredHaitham TajouriLibyaTripoli Revolutionaries’ Brigade

Related Posts

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Minister of Health inaugurates 13 Golden Clinic Complexes – bringing a radical transformation in accessible healthcare to citizens

May 16, 2026
Libya

Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

May 15, 2026
Next Post
Cartoonist Alsature dies of cancer

Cartoonist Alsature dies of cancer

Five BM dead as IS pushed back into last Sirte district

Five BM dead as IS pushed back into last Sirte district

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

CBL renews call on Economy Ministry to prohibit imports without payment through official bank transfers starting from 15 June

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.