No Result
View All Result
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Intelligence chief claims plot to kill Serraj was foiled

byNigel Ash
August 22, 2016
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Libya Herald reporters.

Faiez Serraj was terrorist target says intelligence chief (Photo: Archives).
Faiez Serraj was terrorist target says intelligence head (Photo: Archives)

Tripoli, 21 August 2016:

A week after some of his offices in the capital were seized by Haitham Tajouri’s Tripoli Revolutionaries’ Brigade militia,  intelligence chief  Mohamed Muftah Nuh has said he had foiled a plot to assassinate Presidency Council head Faiez Serraj.

Nuh, who was believed to be in Istanbul when the Fornaj intelligence HQ was assaulted by Tajouri’s militiamen, has told the Turkish news agency Anadolu  that his organisation had thwarted the terrorist plot to kill Serraj.

“The intelligence service has recently arrested the head of a Daesh [IS] cell, who was planning an operation against the prime ministry when Serraj was inside” said Nuh.

RELATED POSTS

Military Intelligence Chiefs Conference for the Sahel and Mediterranean countries 2026 held in Tripoli

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

He said the arrested terrorist was a Libyan, Abu Moaz Al-Ansari.  However, he gave no details of  the plot, nor how it was uncovered and how and where Ansari was detained.

The revelation comes after five intelligence buildings in the capital were attacked on 14 August by the TRB.

Tajouri has said that he will only pull his men out of the sites when the Presidency Council has fired Nuh.

The intelligence service said in a statement that it had been the victim of a conspiracy mounted from both outside and within the organisation. It also said that the attacks had been launched so that documents could be stolen.

It insisted that  it remained committed to the government and to the maintenance of security in Libya.

Tags: assassination plotfeaturedHaitham TajouriintelligenceLibyaMohamed Muftah NuhSerraj

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post
Yet more kidnappings in Tripoli

Yet more kidnappings in Tripoli

IS loses its Sirte police HQ as BM makes more ground

IS loses its Sirte police HQ as BM makes more ground

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libyan Industry Union and National Economic and Social Development Board to sign MoU to support manufacturing business environment

CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.