No Result
View All Result
Friday, May 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

IS admits Zliten slaughter

byNigel Ash
January 8, 2016
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
IS admits Zliten slaughter

Some of the victims of today's Zliten slaughter (Photo: social media)

By Ajnadin Mustafa.

Some of the victims of today's Zliten slaughter (Photo: social media)
Some of the victims of today’s Zliten slaughter (Photo: social media)

Tripoli, 7 January 2016:

IS has this evening claimed responsibility for today’s massacre at the Zliten security training school.

One internet site . . .[restrict]among a number used by the terrorists said that the suicide bomber who drove the explosive-filled water truck onto the parade ground was a Tunisian, whose nom de guerre was Abu Yakin Tunisi.

Although IS has already published a picture of Abu’l Abbas Al-Muhajar the suicide bomber responsible for the death of eight people at Ras Lanuf today, no picture of Tunisi has yet emerged.

RELATED POSTS

Zliten hosts Libyan Tunisian business forum

LBBC trade delegation ends busy Tripoli visit – continues to Zliten and Misrata

The use of a Tunisian to carry out today’s carnage at Zliten may well have been calculated. A backlash against Tunisia has already begun with some calls for action against Tunisia. Meanwhile the Tunisian government has gone out of its way to condemn the massacre.

Misrata joined other Libyan voices clambasting IS. However its Council of Elders also demanded that the Khalifa Ghwell administration in Tripoli “shoulder its responsibilities” for securing the lives of citizens and prosecuting criminals and terrorists, thus cleaning the infected roots of the nation.

Ghwell had been in Sebha yesterday with a number of his ministers. A spokesman told the Libya Herald that Ghwell had cancelled a foreign trip today to stay in Tripoli.  However, he declined to say where Ghwell had been planning to travel. [/restrict]

Tags: featuredIS admitsLibyavictimsZliten

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post
Widespread shock and horror at Zliten carnage

Widespread shock and horror at Zliten carnage

Black plumes from oil tank fires seen from space

Black plumes from oil tank fires seen from space

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Malta Civil Aviation Authority’s Security Department visits Tripoli’s Mitiga airport with view to restarting flights

Minister of Economy visits Tripoli Port – discusses accelerating goods processing time to reduce cost of imports

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.