No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Tunisia denies Hassi regime consulate opening in Sfax

byMichel Cousins
March 12, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Houda Mzioudet. 

Tunis, 12, March 2015:

The Tunisian authorities have said that no Libyan consulate manned by officials from the Hassi regime . . .[restrict]in Tripoli will be allowed to open in Sfax.

Following Tunisia’s controversial decision to reopen its consulate on Tripoli, it has been reported that Hassi officials had arrived in the Tunisian port city to open a new consulate and that 15 other consular officials would be joining them shortly.

No consulate will open in Sfax to represent the Tripoli “government”, Chokri Letaief, an official in the media department of the Tunisian Ministry of Foreign Affairs told the Libya Herald.

RELATED POSTS

Libya, Algeria and Tunisia agree on further cooperation on land transport

REAoL delegation participates in MeetMED Week 2024 in Tunisia

“It is not true,” he said, referring to reports of planned opening.

Earlier this month, the Tunisian authorities reopened their consulate in Tripoli but said that it implied no recognition of the Hassi regime and that the move had been made purely to look after the interests of the many thousands of Tunisians in the Libyan capital and surrounding area.

“This is about re-opening a consular office in Tripoli,” an official, said at the time.“ It has nothing to do with recognising the Tripoli or Tobruk governments at all”.

Allowing a Libyan consulate in Sfax controlled by the Hassi authorities would, however, send a signal of Tunisian acceptance of the Hassi regime, something that Tunis has made it clear it wants to avoid.

On the contrary, Touhami Abdouli, the Tunisian under-secretary for African and Arab affairs of Tunisian MOFA today met Mohamed Dairi, the Libyan Foreign Minister in the Thinni government, and discussed the results of the national dialogue round in Skhirat, Morocco, and expressed satisfaction with previous political dialogue sessions in Geneva and Ghadames and the latest in Algeria, a statement issued by Tunisian Foreign Ministry said today.

It has also been reported that a Hassi delegation planning to join the 20th meeting of the Steering Committee of the “5+5” Defence Initiative which started on Tuesday in Tunis was refused permission to enter the country.

The west Mediterranean 5+5 group comprises Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Mauritania, Malta, Italy France Spain and Portugal.

 

 

 

 

  [/restrict]

Tags: LibyaTunisia

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Minister of Health inaugurates 13 Golden Clinic Complexes – bringing a radical transformation in accessible healthcare to citizens

May 16, 2026
Libya

Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

May 15, 2026
Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council
Business

Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

May 15, 2026
Next Post

Zintan confirms loss of base to Libya Dawn

The 43rd Tripoli International Fair to take place 2-14 April 2015

The 43rd Tripoli International Fair to take place 2-14 April 2015

Top Stories

  • Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.