No Result
View All Result
Sunday, November 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Guba bombings makes army “all the more determined” says Hafter as Jerushi threatens Misrata and Mitiga

byMichel Cousins
February 22, 2015
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Guba bombings makes army “all the more determined” says Hafter as Jerushi threatens Misrata and Mitiga

Khalifa Hafter calls the fight against Islamist terrorists a "sacred" duty (Photo: video grab)

By Libya Herald staff.

Khalifa Hafter calls the fight against Islamist terrorists a "sacred" duty (Photo: video grab)
Khalifa Hafter calls the fight against Islamist terrorists a “sacred” duty (Photo: video grab)

Benghazi, 21 February 2105:

Yesterday’s suicide bombs in Guba which killed 46 people will not stop Operation Dignity and . . .[restrict]the army from fighting and destroying the terrorists in Libya, General Khalifa Hafter has said. It made them all the more determined to fight.

“We will finish the battle,” he declared in a short TV statement broadcast this evening. Conveying his condolences to the families of those killed, he said that hunting the terrorists and “terminating them” was now the most important mission for the army, he stated. The war against terrorism was a “sacred” duty, he insisted.

Meanwhile in a separate hardline statement, Air Force Commander Saqr Adam Geroushi has warned that fighter planes are going to bomb Tripoli’s Mitiga airbase and the air force academy at Misrata airport.

RELATED POSTS

Third edition of Banking and Business Technology Forum kicked off in Misrata under patronage of Central Bank of Libya

59 containers loaded with boats seized in Misrata suspected of being intended for use in illegal immigration operations

He claimed that there had been an agreement with Misrata that the Libyan air force would stop it previous attacks on Misrata airport if Libya Dawn forces refrained from air attacks of its own. He accused the Misratans of breaking the agreement. They had, he said, bombed Zintan airport while a civilian plane was about to land and had used the truce to build up and develop its air power.

Earlier this month, one of Misrata’s leaders, Abdurrahman Sewehli, was in Ukraine, allegedly seeking help to restore and re-equip MiG fighters in Misrata’s control and there have been unconfirmed reports that he returned to Libya with a number of Ukrainian technicians. These are since being credited with suusposedly repairing the aircraft and enabling them to attack both Wattiya airbase and Zintan airport. [/restrict]

Tags: Abdulrahman SewehlifeaturedKhalifa HafterLibyaMisrataSaqr Adam Jeroushi

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post

Deadly mystery illness hits Zawia hospitall

Bomb blasts at Iranian ambassador’s residence

Bomb blasts at Iranian ambassador's residence

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Libya’s energy transition represents one of North Africa’s most significant infrastructure opportunities: LBBC Chairman Peter Millett

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seventy percent of waste is recyclable and can earn money – councils must work with the private sector to solve their recycling problems

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Public Prosecutor’s Office initiates legal proceedings against members of criminal gang involved in organizing illegal migration by sea

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.