No Result
View All Result
Sunday, May 24, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Thinni tells Leon air raids will stop when Dawn quits Tripoli

byNigel Ash
November 25, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Thinni tells Leon air raids will stop when Dawn quits Tripoli

Abdullah Al-Thinni (left) and Bernardino Leon (Photo: Libya Herald)

Libya Herald reporters.

Thinni and Leon (Photo: Libya Herald)
Thinni and Leon (Photo: Libya Herald)

Tripoli, 25 November 2014:

Prime Minister Abdullah Al-Thinni has effectively rejected a move by UNSMIL chief Bernardino Leon to call . . .[restrict]off airstrikes against Libya Dawn, by insisting on conditions that are extremely unlikely to be be met.

The Prime Minister’s office has gone public with a phone call that Leon made earlier today asking Thinni to calm the situation in Tripoli by halting air attacks. This, Leon appears to have said,  would allow him to continue to set up his second round of talks in Ghadames, which had notionally been planned for next Monday.

The government web site reported that Thinni had agreed to stop the attacks, providing five conditions were met.

RELATED POSTS

Tripoli Defence Ministry warns of unspecified precision air strikes against human smugglers and drug traffickers

Libyan carriers allowed to travel through EU airspace from Istanbul to Tripoli

These were that there should a recognition of the legitimacy of the House of Representatives and the government that it had appointed, coupled with “respect for the principle of a peaceful transfer of power and the democratic process”.

He also demanded the withdrawal of all armed groups from Tripoli, the recognition of the state institutions of the police and army, the embracing of the fight against terrorism and the arrest of all “perpetrators of criminal acts”.

Thinni told Leon that the attacks on Mitiga had been preemptive strikes against Libya Dawn to protect citizens. The armed groups that had seized Tripoli were illegitimate, he said. [/restrict]

Tags: air strikesfeaturedLeonLibyaMitigaphonecallThinni

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post
Benghazi residents face hardships as battle for the city continues

Benghazi residents face hardships as battle for the city continues

Tripoli police colonel murdered

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Bosnia Herzegovina engineering company Energoinvest signs € 2.71 million contract with Libyan Iron and Steel Co to construct a power station

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.