No Result
View All Result
Sunday, November 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Breaking news: Double bomb attacks in Tobruk and Beida

byCallum Paton
November 14, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Breaking news: Double bomb attacks in Tobruk and Beida

Firefighters battle put out the blaze following bomb blasts in Tobruk (Photo: Social Media)

By Maha Suliman.

Firefighters battle put out the blaze following bomb blasts in Tobruk (Photo: Social Media)
Firefighters battle put out the blaze following bomb blasts in Tobruk (Photo: Social Media)

Benghazi, 12 November 2014:

At least five soldiers have been killed with the number of casualties expected . . .[restrict]to rise in the coming hours following two deadly bomb attacks in the government held strongholds of Tobruk and Beida.

Mohamed Al-Hejazi, a spokesman for the Libyan National Army (LNA), told the Libya Herald that two car bombs had exploded in Tobruk on a busy road near the town’s petroleum institute. He said at least two soldiers had been killed in the blast. Hejazi could not give information on the number of civilian casualties which are expected to be much higher.

The explosions seem to have been caused in Tobruk by two remotely detonated car bombs and were not carried out by a suicide bomber, although the specific details remain unclear as new information continues to emerge, Hejazi said.

RELATED POSTS

Two Libyans and five expatriates detained for deliberately falsifying civil status data in Tobruk

Spanish visiting medical team perform joint operations in Beida, US-based consultant visiting in Zintan

In Beida at least three soldiers were killed and 12 injured, some critically, after another car bomb exploded at the south gate of the town’s Labraq airbase, 30 kilometres from Beida. Hejazi said in this case a suicide bomber had caused the blast.

Telecommunications to Tobruk seem to have been disrupted in the aftermath of the attack. Attempts by the Libya Herald to reach residents in the town were unsuccessful.

Follow Maha Suliman on Twitter: @Mahasye

[/restrict]

Tags: Beidabomb attackbreaking newsfeaturedTobruk

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post

Production fails to start again at Sharara and El Fil

Thinni’s government  fears human rights violations in Tripoli

Thinni's government fears human rights violations in Tripoli

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seventy percent of waste is recyclable and can earn money – councils must work with the private sector to solve their recycling problems

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Public Prosecutor’s Office initiates legal proceedings against members of criminal gang involved in organizing illegal migration by sea

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC chairman participates in expanded meeting on new fuel import mechanism through tender

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.