No Result
View All Result
Thursday, February 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

New LNA attacks on Qasr Ben Gashir and Zuwara; claims to be moving towards Tripoli

byMichel Cousins
December 4, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Ali Salem.

Tripoli, 4 December 2014:

The Libyan National Army (LNA) claimed today it was moving closer to Tripoli and that fighting . . .[restrict]was taking place near Ajilat, southwest of Sabratha. It also said it planned to move toward Zawia, just 45 kilometres west of the capital.

Meanwhile LNA aircraft are reported to have today carried new air strikes in Qasr Ben Gashir and Zuwara. According to a operations room official in Zintan, the target in the former was a farm where Libya Dawn weapons were being stored. He told the Libya Herald that the target in the latter was the port.  Yesterday, an LNA plane attacked a boat allegedly carrying weapons and heading to the port.

Mohamed Al-Hejazi, the Benghazi-based spokesman for Operation Dignity, confirmed the Qasr Ben Gashir attack. The village, next to Tripoli International Airport, was the centre of  Libya Dawn operations during the attack on the airport in the summer.

RELATED POSTS

Libya and Italy discuss establishment of the Libyan Italian Vocational Training Centre in Zuwara

Four Zuwara Coast Guard officials detained for illegal immigration activity

The Zintani spokesman also claimed this afternoon that Zintani forces, as part of the LNA, were now between 15 and 20 kilometres from Ras Jedir on the border with Tunisia. He said that the Tunisians had agreed to close it “within hours”.  The move, he claimed, was to stop the Zuwarans, currently in control of the border post and loyal to Libya Dawn, from crossing into Tunisia.

The Zintanis had last week said they intended to take the border crossing. [/restrict]

Tags: LibyaLNAQasr Ben GashirZintanZuwara

Related Posts

Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

February 18, 2026
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba criticises corruption and mismanagement within health sector – calls on sector to reform itself in return for his support

February 16, 2026
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Next Post

Omar Al-Hassi is about to trim his cabinet

Ghadames II talks to include many different players: report

Ghadames II talks to include many different players: report

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • National Development Agency signs partnership agreement with Signify Philips to enhance lighting projects in Libya

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of technical study assessing existing damage to Zumurrud Mall project completed

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.