By Adam Ali.
Benghazi, 20 October 2014:
Over the past two days Red Crescent workers have evacuated several foreign families living in areas . . .[restrict]worst affected by recent fighting in Benghazi.
In those areas where the violence has been fiercest after clashes broke out on Wednesday, most Libyan residents have fled to stay with relatives. However, inhabitants particularly from Egypt and Syria have remained behind because they have nowhere else to go.
The spokesman for the Red Crescent in Libya, Tawfiq Shukri, told the Libya Herald that yesterday Sudanese and Bangladeshi workers in the Hawari district were evacuated and taken to safety. He explained that they were, for the most part, in good health.
On Saturday, the Red Crescent evacuated workers and teaching staff at Benghazi University which is close to parts of the 17 February Brigade base in Garyounis.
Shukri said eight families and a further 13 individuals from Syria, Egypt, India, Iraq and Sudan were helped from their homes over a period of two hours. They have been taken to Benghazi hotels. The Red Crescent was assisted in the process by nine guards from the university.
Shukri also explained that the Red Cresent had recovered the body of one individual. Believed to belong a civilian who had been killed in Bohdeyma, his body has been taken to Benghazi Medical Centre for identification. [/restrict]