No Result
View All Result
Thursday, February 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

First of three turbines at Sarir power station operational

byCallum Paton
April 26, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Jamal Adel.

Tripoli, 26 April 2014:

Successful maintenance work at Sarir power station has meant the first of three turbines damaged during . . .[restrict]the plant’s closure in January and February is now operational.

Deputy Manager at Sarir power station Hashim Al-Malki told the Libya Herald the second turbine would be repaired in two weeks and that the third was expected to be up and running sometime in June.

“The third turbine was severely damaged by a rocket attack on the plant in February,” Malki said. “The explosions damaged the turbine’s computerised operating rooms, which require expert knowledge to repair.” He added that a specialist German team had been brought in to carry out maintenance.

RELATED POSTS

Al-Sarir Oil Operations drills well B54 in Sarah field with capacity of 2,400 barrels per day ‎

Jobless protestors once again shut down Tobruk airport

Repairs began at Sarir at the end of February after the army’s 319 Brigade, known as the Omar Mukhtar Brigade, arrived to bring an end to clashes between rival Tebu and Zwai military units at the site.

At the height of the fighting missiles cut of power lines at the plant causing power cuts in Tripoli and Benghazi. The power shortages had the knock-on effect of greatly reducing the capacity of the Man-Made River because of pumps not working which in turn led to water shortages in Benghazi, Ajdabiya and Sirte. [/restrict]

Tags: closuremaintenance worksarirturbines

Related Posts

Aldabaiba relaunches construction of Tripoli Gate’s Zumurrud Shopping Mall on Airport Road
Business

First phase of technical study assessing existing damage to Zumurrud Mall project completed

February 18, 2026
Economy Minister Hwej reviews his ministry’s implementation of its 2023 plan and issues several directives
Business

Ministry of Economy invites Serbian companies to participate in 52nd Tripoli International Fair

February 18, 2026
‘‘Enhancing skills related to the green and blue economy to enhance employment opportunities’’ workshop held in Tripoli
Business

Ministry of Planning meets Libyan Industry Union to discuss support for nationally manufactured products

February 18, 2026
Policeman killed in UNDP Tripoli office attack
Business

Libyan institutions explore how emerging technologies can strengthen education and scientific research

February 18, 2026
State sectors in east to form unified e-window for speedier procedures
Business

HoR Members, Benghazi Municipality and Benghazi Chamber meet British business delegation visiting Benghazi

February 17, 2026
Customs Authority uncovers 11 companies involved in illicit use of Letters of Credit exceeding US$ 54 million
Business

There is no shortage of food supplies in the Libyan marketplace: Customs Authority

February 17, 2026
Next Post

Foreign Ministry denies Libyan prisoner returned from Jordan

Municipal elections in Qatrun postponed for re-run of Constitutional Assembly elections

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • National Development Agency signs partnership agreement with Signify Philips to enhance lighting projects in Libya

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of technical study assessing existing damage to Zumurrud Mall project completed

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.