No Result
View All Result
Saturday, February 21, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Congress to resume meetings after reaching a deal

byNigel Ash
October 29, 2013
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Ahmed Elumami,

Tripoli, 29 October 2013:

A deal has been reached over the GNC’s disputed agenda,  that will see boycotting congressmen return . . .[restrict]to the chamber on Sunday.

GNC spokesman Omar Hmaidan said that the remaining congressmen meeting in closed session today had agreed to talk to the 94 of their colleagues who walked out last Sunday, protesting last minute changes to the session’s agenda.

As a result of those discussions later in the day, according to one of those who joined the boycott, Sabrata independent Salah Mito, a deal had been struck whereby on Sunday and  Tuesday, some elements of the original agenda will be tabled.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

That original schedule had contained a request to cancel the establishment of the Libyan Revolutionaries Operation Room (LROR), set up by the Congress president Nuri Abu Sahmain and implicated in the 10 October kidnapping of premier Ali Zeidan. There had also been a proposal for a committee to investigate the allocation of LD 900 million to the LROR and various revolutionary brigades by Abu Sahmain.

Congress had also been scheduled to discuss restricting presidential powers, including Abu Sahmain’s taking the post of commander-in-chief.  Members also wanted to  press ahead with the much-postponed election of a first deputy president.

Mito told the Libya Herald that it had been agreed that some, but not all the disputed agenda items would be restored. He added that the boycotters had been told that they could have no say in what was actually included.   However, if none of the disputed issues was tabled ,  Mito said he thought that the congressmen would walk out again.

  [/restrict]

Tags: Abu SahmainagendaboycottGNCLibyaSalah Mito

Related Posts

Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

After the revolution, Libya needs a state of institutions, the rule of law and a unified professional army: Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech

February 19, 2026
Next Post

First 60 Libyan army cadets pass out in Sudan

Tobruk terminal "still closed" despite Zeidan's reopening announcement

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

Military Industrialization Organisation delivers 7,000 cooking gas cylinders it has manufactured locally to Brega Oil Marketing Company

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.