No Result
View All Result
Thursday, May 21, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Man killed in car bomb murder attempt against Benghazi Islamist

byMichel Cousins
January 8, 2013
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Man killed in car bomb murder attempt against Benghazi Islamist

Vehicles destroyed in the attempted murder attack against Ahmed Bukatela

Vehicles destroyed . . .[restrict]in the attempted murder attack against Ahmed Bukatela

Benghazi, 7 January 2013:

A man has been killed as he apparently tried to plant a bomb in a car of a prominent Islamist in Benghazi. The incident happend in the city’s Al-Laithi district.

The dead man, named as Khaled Al-Madkour, was the brother of Major Nasser Al-Sharef Al-Madkour Al-Obeidi, one of the officers murdered along with General Abdel Fattah Younes in July 2011. The car belongs to Ahmed Bukatela head of the Abi Obeida Bin Jarrah Brigade which has been accused of being involved in the killing, although Bukatela has denied any involvement.

Speaking over the phone to the Libya TV station today, Bukatela’s brother, Abu Bakr Bukattala, said that he had been awoken at 2 am by the sound of a huge explosion.

He said: “We went outside to see what was happening. It became clear to us that there had been an attempt to assassinate my brother Ahmed Bukatela, and we found two individuals who had tried to plant the bomb in the car of my brother.”

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

Abu Bakr Bukatela said that one of the men they found was badly injured and was taken to hospital where he died, while the second fled the scene.

When Bukatela inspected the car they found at the scene, they discovered that it belonged to Hassan Al-Sharef Al-Madkour, he said, and that the man who had been killed was his brother Khaled.

Abu Bakr said: “We realized they were the brothers of Major Nasser Al-Madkour. If they have a problem with my brother, let them take it to the courts, and not in this way. This is his family home, where children and women live, not just Ahmed”.

Another car was damaged in the explosion. It has been reported that the second man in the planned attack was injured but there has been no confirmation. [/restrict]

Tags: BukatelaLibya

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post

Tunisian PM visits Libya amid tensions between Ben Guerdane locals and security forces over border crossing closure

Zeidan orders reopening of Tunisian border after talks with Tunisian PM

Zeidan orders reopening of Tunisian border after talks with Tunisian PM

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Industry Pioneers Conference and Forum held in Tripoli – as a national platform to support Libyan industry and enhance economic partnership

Austria’s OMV opens Benghazi office and holds meeting to discuss Contract Development Area No. 91

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.