No Result
View All Result
Saturday, May 23, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Health

Health agreement signed with Malta

byMichel Cousins
February 23, 2012
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

Libya and Malta have signed a health cooperation agreement on Tuesday, 21 Februry.  The memorandum of understanding was signed during a . . .[restrict]two-day visit to the island by Libyan Health Minister Fatma Hamroush.

The practicalities of the agreement will be worked out by groups from both countries in the coming weeks.

At the signing ceremony, Maltese Health Minister Joe Cassar said that his health department would be providing help to Libya in a number of areas including procurement, human resources, hospital management training, and specialist English language teaching.

At the signing, Hamroush was presented by her opposite Maltese number with a box of steroids, tetanus and pain medication as a “token”.   Hamroush had said that a problem in Libyan hospitals and clinics was a shortage of equipment in some sectors.

A main issue, she noted, was the lack of proper management well before the revolution combined with the drain on resources during the uprising.

RELATED POSTS

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

“We have good doctors, but not enough,” she said the country needed to tarin more doctors. But there was also a serious shortage of nurses.  These needed to be trained.

During her stay in Malta, Hamroush also visited Libyan patients currently being treated in Malta.

The MOU comes against the background of traditional bonds between Libya and Malta being actively re-forged. It took place on the anniversary of the day two Libyan pilots defected to Malta and were allowed to land. The two Mirage fighters were flown back to Libya today, Wednesday, by the two pilots, Colonel Ali Al-Rabti and Colonel Abdullah Al-Salheen.  They landed at Mitiga Airport Tripoli’s military airbase, on Wednesday afternoon.

It had been planned that they fly back on Tuesday but bad weather delayed them.

On Tuesday, however, it was reported that the coast guard at Benghazi had, the previous day, arrested a Maltese fishing trawler that had entered Libyan waters. [/restrict]

Related Posts

Health

Over LD 100 million spent in health sector – Health Minister Doughman

June 8, 2013
Health

Health Minister opens new fertility clinic in Misrata

June 19, 2012
Health

Vaccination campaign in Jufrah

April 8, 2012
Jordanian general visits Libyan field hospital
Health

Jordanian general visits Libyan field hospital

April 6, 2012
Next Post
More dead in Kufra

More dead in Kufra

Marie Colvin: Libya loses a friend

Marie Colvin: Libya loses a friend

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.