No Result
View All Result
Sunday, August 31, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Anger over Zliten attack turns towards TV stations

byMichel Cousins
January 8, 2016
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Anger over Zliten attack turns towards TV stations

Proests in Tripoli at Zlitne AAttacjk

By Libya Herald reporters.

Proests in Tripoli at Zlitne AAttacjk
Protests in Tripoli at Zliten attack (Photo: Social media)

Tripoli/Misrata, 8 January 2016:

Amid rising anger across Libya at yesterday’s Zliten suicide attack, demonstrators in Misrata last night . . .[restrict]broke into the local bureau of Naaba TV, accusing it of sympathising with the so-called Islamic State and demanding that it close. They accused Naaba of refusing to recognise those killed as martyrs and of instead suggesting they were opponents of the 17 February revolution.

Staff at the bureau told the protestors that they themselves had resigned a few days earlier over what they said was Naaba’s bias in favour of Islamists and that no one was now working there.

Earlier, a Naaba TV crew was ordered out of the hospital in Zliten as they tried to interview some of the wounded. The Libya Herald has been told that when they then contacted the mayor of Zliten to try and get back in he told them to leave the town.

RELATED POSTS

LBBC trade delegation ends busy Tripoli visit – continues to Zliten and Misrata

Tripoli government urges Italian company to put forward vision for solving Zliten’s rising groundwater level crisis

Back in Misrata, a crew from Tanasah TV were similarly ejected from the funeral ceremony during the afternoon for a number of the dead. It too is accused of sympathising with IS.

Naaba owned by Abdul Hakim Belhaj while Tanasah belongs to Sadek Al-Ghariani, still accepted by the Tripoli regime as the country’s grand mufti.

Calls for both stations to close were also heard today in protests over the Zliten attack in Tripoli’s Algeria Square.

There is still no official figure on the number of those killed in yesterday’s attack. A doctor in Zliten said that death certificates had been issued by the local hospital for 45 of the victims and that there were another 15 bags of body parts as yet unidentified. Another four bodies were in the hospital in Misrata.  However, according to the health ministry in Tripoli, which said it has collated the information from hospitals there as well as in Khoms, Zliten and Misrata, 81 people died in the attack. [/restrict]

Tags: featuredLibyaZliten

Related Posts

UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

Following mobilisation of forces around Tripoli, UNSMIL calls for peaceful dialogue and de-escalation: report and analysis

August 31, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Next Post

Car explodes in Sabratha

Mogherini confirms EU €100 million for Serraj government

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Libyan German discussions include resumption of flights, opening of German Embassy’s visa section and economic and investment cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Following mobilisation of forces around Tripoli, UNSMIL calls for peaceful dialogue and de-escalation: report and analysis

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.