No Result
View All Result
Sunday, August 31, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Zuetina oil and gas exports still suspended

bythomwestcott
July 24, 2013
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Seraj Essul and Tom Westcott.

Tripoli, 24 July 2013:

Zuetina Oil Company has resumed production of oil and gas but is holding . . .[restrict]back from exporting any hydrocarbons until the latest wave of protests at the port has finished.

Work at the Zuetina port and oil fields was disrupted by disgruntled workers and oil field guards striking about pay and conditions at the end of June. The loading of vessels was suspended then for more than a fortnight.

“We started loading two waiting ships on 10 July,” mechanical maintenance head at Zuetina, Hamad Al-Agouri, told the Libya Herald, “but the loading of the second ship was interrupted by protestors on 15 July.” No vessels have been loaded since.

RELATED POSTS

Mellitah Oil and Gas preparing to drill eight offshore gas wells to produce 160 million cubic feet per day of natural gas

Zawia Oil Refining Company prepares to establish 100-million litre industrial oils plant in Benghazi‎

These protestors, a different group from the strikers who previously brought Zuetina production to a standstill, claim to have been promised jobs by the government which have not been forthcoming.

Agouri said that although these protestors are fewer than ten in number, they are the main reason why exports have not recommenced.

“We are not loading ships because we don’t want this to be interrupted again by circumstances we can’t control,” said Agouri. “If we start pumping the oil and gas and it gets stopped, this causes problems in the system and will cost a lot of money to fix.”

He added that, after the recent disruptions, workers now wanted the company to ensure the port was properly protected. “We are now demanding that the port be secured to ensure there will be no further security or technical issues,” Agouri said.

There is one ship at the port at the moment, which has been waiting for two days. [/restrict]

Tags: gasLibyaoiloil exportsprotestsZuetina

Related Posts

High-level Libyan government delegation arrives in Guinea to regain ownership of illegally confiscated investment assets
Business

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

August 29, 2025
Economy Minister Hwej reviews his ministry’s implementation of its 2023 plan and issues several directives
Business

Libyan German discussions include resumption of flights, opening of German Embassy’s visa section and economic and investment cooperation

August 28, 2025
Libya and Shell discuss several areas of cooperation
Business

Acting Minister of Oil and Gas Khalifa Abdel Sadig and US Chargé d’affaires Berndt discussions include developing oil sector

August 28, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Business

Aldabaiba-British Ambassador discussions include resumption of British Airways Libya flights and creating attractive Libyan investment environment for foreign companies

August 28, 2025
‘‘Enhancing skills related to the green and blue economy to enhance employment opportunities’’ workshop held in Tripoli
Business

Ministry of Planning launches Libya 2050 Vision

August 27, 2025
The International Forum & Exhibition for Free Zones – Misrata: 28 to 29 June at Misrata Free Zone
Business

Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

August 27, 2025
Next Post

Ramadan in Benghazi

Corinthia hotel was intended target – Interior Minister Sheikh

Corinthia hotel was intended target - Interior Minister Sheikh

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ministry of Planning launches Libya 2050 Vision

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.